do you have to be exactly 21 to buy from FFL?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    in order to buy a handgun at a FFL do you have to be exactly 21 years old or do you have to be 21 years and six months like it is with drivers license and driving permits.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    ^^

Lucky! I was happy enough to buy able to buy a 12 pack of sam adams when I was 21. I waited for 22 to buy my first hand gun ( took the nra basic pistol course as soon as I turned 21 though)

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    oh hell yes i will be going on my 21st birthday bright and early! sux that i have to wait 10 months though, but ill have my ltch by then. countdown to XD45c(or something better is springfield makes an xdm in 45)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    oh hell yes i will be going on my 21st birthday bright and early! sux that i have to wait 10 months though, but ill have my ltch by then. countdown to XD45c(or something better is springfield makes an xdm in 45)

You know you can buy a handgun in Indiana at the age of 18, right? You just can't buy one from an FFL due to federal statutes. It's not that you can't buy one from them, they just can't sell it to you. There's a difference.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    yeah i already knew that but i cant seem to find the gun that im looking for! and when i do see it on here it usually sells really quick, or the seller(most are in the indy area) dont wanna drive to meet me half way.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    yeah i already knew that but i cant seem to find the gun that im looking for! and when i do see it on here it usually sells really quick, or the seller(most are in the indy area) dont wanna drive to meet me half way.

Try posting a WTB link in the WTB forum. You might get lucky.

Top Bottom