• USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    HELP Shot my new pistol yesterday Ruger MK III 22/4

It's been a while since I shot serious competion but no more. Right out of the box this thing was right on. I need to bench rest it but I have not decided if I'm going to put a red dot on it or not. Also it needs a little trigger work maybe some custom grips. Does anybody know any good smiths in central Indiana? Looking for a matched out .45 now.

picture.php

That one hanger out on the left was not my fault :D
    But realy not to bad with one hand at 25 ft just a little more practice needed (2,000 more rounds down range);)

Last edited:

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Good shooting with almost my gun. I was going to pick that up but could not get things worked out for a FTF or shipped. I didn't want to hold him up so I told him to go on to the next guy.

Congratulations on your new gun. Looks like it will be a lot of fun to shoot. I wanted to thread the barrel, move the sight back and mount a silencer on a good shooter like that.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Nice. I've been eyeballing a MkIII lately myself, but I have too many other things that take priority.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Good shooting with almost my gun. I was going to pick that up but could not get things worked out for a FTF or shipped. I didn't want to hold him up so I told him to go on to the next guy.

Congratulations on your new gun. Looks like it will be a lot of fun to shoot. I wanted to thread the barrel, move the sight back and mount a silencer on a good shooter like that.

And to you G McBride I owe a very special thanks. I was realy bummed when I first saw his post and I seen you had already jumped on it. I watch this site as much as I can but I think he posted real early. I was just sitting there all depressed and my computer goes ding and a pm pops up. :):

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    You sir are very welcome. I didn't want to back out but I didn't think it was fair of me to ask him to wait until I could find the time to go pick up the gun.

Looks like I passed up on a good shooting pistol. I sold my MKII with a bull barrel to a buddy of mine years ago. I'll have to go see if he will sell it back to me.

Great shooting.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I haven't looked at it close yet but didn't know the grips don't come off like on a 45? Not really needed anyway.

Nope, You can add a slip on grip, but without cutting and hacking on the frame, that is about all you can do.

Some guys are modding their frame to accept lightly modified 1911 grips though. But it looks like a lot of work and if you mess up, you just ruined a very expensive piece of the gun.

Top Bottom