Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

good stuff!

User Info Menu

My M&P9 FS has a perfect reset (for me) right out of the box. I shot a friends .45 FS and personally the reset was horrible (for me).

User Info Menu

its very important and IMHO is the biggest downfall to the M and P's trigger. the apex sears while VERY VERY nice almost eliminate what little feel there is in an M and P... also my biggest complaint. and only complaint.

User Info Menu

Doesn't bother me any.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I'm just enjoying the show! Tinman's Avatar

User Info Menu

I think the felt reset is largely a training and target shooting issue. I know when I'm running a gun hard I don't feel the reset, even though I am still releasing to it. It's when I slow down for the extra precision that I feel the lack of positive reset, and it bugs me.

Really, once I changed to aftermarket triggers in all my M&P's, I don't notice it quite as bad.

Having said all that, I definately think it's a worthwhile addition, if there aren't any downsides.

Tinman....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dbd870 View Post
    Doesn't bother me any.
    It doesn't bother me a bit either. I have a 2007 date m&p with probably 2k rounds through it. The trigger has gotten lighter after more rounds put through it. I haven't even compared or noticed any reset issue with it. Noticeably with my 40c that I picked up within the last year the trigger is still gritty as hell with only 500 or so rounds through it.
    We can't plan life. All we can do is be available for it.

User Info Menu

Flork, The RAM is something I might consider getting because of its benefits.

Thanks

User Info Menu

Reset is for practice.

I notice it during practice at the range and dry fire but doubt it would be a factor if SHTF. Ask any LEO or soldier if he/she noticed reset during a firefight. I admit it is one of the first things I point out to a new shooter to help with accuracy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In memory of our son PFC (LB) 4/17/2007 Baghdad, Iraq.

For many of us, every day is Memorial Day

Einstein said "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". Proof of this occurred on 11/6/2012.

Those not willing to stand behind our troops in defense of our freedom are welcome to stand in front of them.

Shooter

User Info Menu

I put an Apex sear in my M&P 40c, and the reset is fine to me. Actually, I didn't have a problem with it before I changed it out, but the pull is lighter and smoother now, and that matters a heck of a lot more to me than reset. I shoot my M&P better than any Glock, due to the shorter trigger reach allowing me to get a better finger on the trigger. No "low, left" with my M&P, but I have to really focus harder when shooting a Glock at speed, to avoid "low, left." I think ergonomics and trigger reach have more to do with how easy a pistol is to shoot well than any reset issue.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast