• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • "ThatGuy"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Picked one up today. Ive had 2 springfields before. I am VERY pleased/impressed by the taurus. The trigger out of the box is amazing. No play, real crisp and to the point. Shoots damn good with no jams or stovepipes. I got the all black "tactical" version. Like I said, so far I am SUPER impressed with it, and I think that the PT1911's are one of the best economy 1911's out there.:rockwoot:

wp wrecks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Very interested to hear about this as you get a little more experience with it. Really thinking about this one. Thanks for posting.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The one I shot a couple of years ago worked great. I think they're a good gun and an even better value. Some can't get past the brand name, but it doesn't bother me.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I have one... it's a great gun. I did replace the stock barrel bushing with an EGW (.005" worth of play there on the inside diameter, much more on the outside) and the ambi-safety came apart after about 100 rounds. I replaced it with an STI standard safety.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    I've had a couple come through the Bunker.
    They look great, nice fit and finish and reasonable price compared to other 1911's.
    Never had a chance to fire one, Yet!

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    I got one last year. Like it. Shoots like a champ. The only downside was the mag well or should I say the grip screws. For the first fifty rounds the mag did not want to drop freely between mags changes and required me pulling the bottom of the mag to get it free of the weapon. Like I said, it corrected itself. Good value and one I like having in the barn with the other 1911's.

Matter of fact I don't think I've ever met a 1911 I didn't like. I even got one of those Norinco's tethered to gun shelf in the safe.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    I have owned a PT1911 for about a year and a half now, and I absolutely love it. Never have had any malfunctions, and it shoots great. I like the heine straight 8 sights, seems like I shoot faster with them. You cannot beat the bargain you get out of a PT1911.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Real happy with mine. Have shot about 250 rounds through it so far. No malfunctions, no problems.

Only two issues I've had with it:

- I prefer the arched mainstream housing to the flat. However, that was a simple replacement. In fact, I replaced the mainstream housing before I ever shot the gun. Once I installed the new mainspring housing, it fit my hand like it grew there.

- The rail on mine (I have the PT1911AR) is a bit wider than other 1911's with rails. This has made finding holsters that fit a bit of a problem.

"ThatGuy"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    well it came in today. I am very impressed! It took a little while to get all of the packing grease off of the parts and oil it up but I got it all cleaned up and ready to go.

movevio

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    i have had mine for about a year and a half and over 1250 rds and have not had a single problem out of it.

Fort Liberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Picked one up today. Ive had 2 springfields before. I am VERY pleased/impressed by the taurus. The trigger out of the box is amazing. No play, real crisp and to the point. Shoots damn good with no jams or stovepipes. I got the all black "tactical" version. Like I said, so far I am SUPER impressed with it, and I think that the PT1911's are one of the best economy 1911's out there.:rockwoot:

If you bought it new, there is currently a 75.00 mail in rebate. I think October through January.

Last edited:

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have shot a few and I must say that in general, they can shoot. The stock safety is a POS and is known to break pretty easily though. It would be a good idea to switch it out with a better one. Unfortunately that is a part that requires some fitting.

Top Bottom