• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I am looking for a handgun for concealed carry.It has to be a 9mm, be compact enough to be easily concealed (I am a small frame person) but still big enough that I could use as a range gun.I dont want one of those tiny micro pistol.
    Also I dont want any safety on the gun, my brain and finger are enough.

I found that the Glock 19 may be a great option.
    I just dont know if its compact enough for CC.

Is there any other guns that I would be worth looking at? :dunno:

Chris-B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    If you like the G19 you should check out the G26. It is not a micro pistol, but it is small enough to conceal.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I like the 26 but I the grip is a bit too small to be shot all day long at the range IMO.

The "pinky finger" problem with the Glock 26 (and 27) is easily rectified with Pearce magazine extenders. The PG-2733 adds one round in the G26, and the PG-39 adds two. Cost is about $10 each--a little cheaper if you do some shopping.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Are you wanting a CC gun or a range gun? G26 w/ pinky extension. Or XD subcompact... or XDm 3.8.

If I can find who does both it would be great.
    I always wanted a Glock 17 for a range gun and maybe a Glock 26 for a carry gun so I realized if I can just buy one I may as well buy the Glock 19 and have the best of both world.
    I dont have the money two buy two guns for now.
    I just dont know how many people carry the 19.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Glock 19 is easy enough to conceal with the right holster. You might also give the M&P compact a look. I've had and carried a G19 and am going with an M&P 9c as my carry right now.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I always wanted a Glock 17 for a range gun and maybe a Glock 26 for a carry gun so I realized if I can just buy one I may as well buy the Glock 19 and have the best of both world.
    I dont have the money two buy two guns for now.

You will be happy with either the G19 or G26 (with mag. extensions!) Both are great guns!

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne

The G19 would fill both functions quite nicely... Along with a few other options, you just have to shop around a bit...

I carry either a G19 or a G32 ( exactly same size). I find that size a pleasure to shoot all day at the range also !

Chris-B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The "pinky finger" problem with the Glock 26 (and 27) is easily rectified with Pearce magazine extenders. The PG-2733 adds one round in the G26, and the PG-39 adds two. Cost is about $10 each--a little cheaper if you do some shopping.

I agree! When I initially got my G26 i tried some of the Pearce extenders and really didn't care for them. I found I actually liked tucking the pinky under the mag, but a lot of people really like the pinky extensions and cure some of the problems people have with the it.

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    I love my Taurus PT 111 Pro Millennium. It's small and I forget I'm carrying it, even when I sit down. It holds 12 plus one in the chamber. Not bad if you ask me. They can be had for less than 300 too. I think I payed 250 or 275 for mine. Only time I've ever had a problem with it is when I put it back together incorrectly.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I love my Taurus PT 111 Pro Millennium. It's small and I forget I'm carrying it, even when I sit down. It holds 12 plus one in the chamber. Not bad if you ask me. They can be had for less than 300 too. I think I payed 250 or 275 for mine. Only time I've ever had a problem with it is when I put it back together incorrectly.

I like this gun, the only problem I have with it is the safety.
    What about the trigger, is it a DAO with a long and heavy trigger?

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Glock 19 in an IWB Milt Sparks Versa Max ll makes for a beautiful combo! A little wider than a 1911, but still a great carry gun. You absolutely cannot go wrong with a 19, best of luck in your decision and safe shooting :patriot:

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    I am looking for a handgun for concealed carry.It has to be a 9mm, be compact enough to be easily concealed (I am a small frame person) but still big enough that I could use as a range gun.I dont want one of those tiny micro pistol.
    Also I dont want any safety on the gun, my brain and finger are enough.

I found that the Glock 19 may be a great option.
    I just dont know if its compact enough for CC.

Is there any other guns that I would be worth looking at? :dunno:

A Glock 19 is my regular carry gun. I sold my Glock 26 to buy it.. Feel free to dig into my post history as to why.

Top Bottom