• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Heck, shorten the cylinder (and the whole gun) and make it handle .45 ACP and .45LC - then I would be happy. I just can't see a reason-to-be with .410 shells in a pistol. Yeah, yeah... I've heard the whole "snakes" thing. If S&W is chasing Taurus, now I'm scared. Kind of like Ruger and their persistent chasing of Kel Tec. It's like, you know, "human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Every gun Taurus has in their lineup was somebody elses brainchild, you dont think they were the first company to put a 410 in a revolver? I don't think S&W is chasing Taurus, just tryining to get some of their money back.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I still fail to see the usefulness of the .410 pistol. I've loaded many .44 Mag shot shells. We found something to use for a wadding to hold the shot with a gas check behind and in front (backwards) and then crimp. It handled snakes fine.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Kinda reminds you of the 60's and early 70's .
    Ford , Chevy , Dodge were kings ..Suddenly ,
    Toyota , Nissan , Honda ...is King the others are now chasing ..

When the top begins to think they can't be beat suddenly the Underdog is doing somthing new and different . and the King is playing Catch up ..

Bothers me to but the Truth hurts .:dunno::patriot::ingo:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Heck, shorten the cylinder (and the whole gun) and make it handle .45 ACP and .45LC - then I would be happy. I just can't see a reason-to-be with .410 shells in a pistol. Yeah, yeah... I've heard the whole "snakes" thing.

+1. Whenever I hear of snakes and the Judge, I think of the King Audrick? (spelling?) from Conan the Barbarian. "...Stygia, everywhere, SNAKES!" :D The Taurus Judge, the only gun rated to defeat Thulsa Doom...

A nice, 5 shot .45 LC or moonclipped .45 Auto would sell, especially if it was built decently. Taurus used to have a moonclipped Tracker, but they are hen's teeth (plus the factory Taurus moonclips sucked, but plenty of aftermarket ones out there).

We will get the slew, of course, of those who want to carry .410, that's fine. Not my choice, but whatever works, it works. The buck from .410 pretty close to being shot with .32, but like a three round burst from a CZ .32 submachinegun. :D .32 isn't anything to sneeze at, but I still prefer .45 Auto, 9mm, etc...

I am willing to bet, since it's a Smith gun, that it's going to be overpriced or at least overpriced by dealers... :noway: I hate dealers and the Smith model 10 for that reason. Decent condition, should be a 250 dollar police trade in gun, but they slap 400-500 on it and wonder why no one buys it immediantly. It will sell though, someone convincing their wife that's "all they need" and has more money than sense. :noway:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    It's odd- I never desired the Judge, but now that Smith is making one I think I "need" it.

Looks like S&W brand-loyalty-brainwashing tactics have worked on me:D

I might wait till they bring it out in a 10 ounce scandium though.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I do have to be honest...

I have thought of placing a couple of these into my SHTF Caches. One Pistol 3 different Caliber selections. That is the only reason through...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I won't volunteer to get sprayed in the eyes with a can of Raid, either, but that doesn't mean it's the best choice for self defense.

P.T. Barnum was right.
    I never said it wasn't the best choice for self defesne. But I sure as hell don't want to be hit with a .410 shell. anywhere.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I don't know about being hit with .410 shotshells, but I sure as hell would never want to be hit by one of these little beasties that were designed for the Taurus Judge!

DUPO 7 Short Magnum .410
    dupo410v1.jpg

smalldupo7v2.jpg

Unique hydro-shock effect for a 410 caliber slug
    1 inch expansion diameter
    Slug weight: 110gr
    Accuracy – 50 m,
    Muzzle velocity - 1670 fps
    Muzzle energy: 678.56 ft/lbs energy

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I don't know about being hit with .410 shotshells, but I sure as hell would never want to be hit by one of these little beasties that were designed for the Taurus Judge!

DUPO 7 Short Magnum .410
    dupo410v1.jpg

smalldupo7v2.jpg

Unique hydro-shock effect for a 410 caliber slug
    1 inch expansion diameter
    Slug weight: 110gr
    Accuracy – 50 m,
    Muzzle velocity - 1670 fps
    Muzzle energy: 678.56 ft/lbs energy

It looks cool but I would question that:

1) at half the weight of a .45ACP or .45LC would I not rather have that? Especially a hotly loaded .45LC.
    2) Would a .410 slug actually engage the rifling of the pistol (like a .45 ) or would it just start keyholing like crazy shortly after exiting the barrel? Unlike a 12 or 20 gauge, the .410 is truly the caliber or bore size, right?

It looks cool but I wonder if it would actually perform? I would like to see something like the box-of-truth on those.

As far as "standing in front of it," I don't want to stand in front of a CO2 BB gun. If I would be willing to be shot by myself and whether I would be comfortable relying on a particular ammo for self defense are two very different metrics.

Top Bottom