• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwardrip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Evansville
    Ok, I'm at a delima here. Wanting to purchase a new handgun. Seen the Kimber super carry pro and fell in love with it. Then I seen the Kimber pro crimson carry 2 and I love the laser grips and it is a few hundred dollars less. I also see where Kimber has a conversion kit that allows you to convert your 45 to a 22. Like that idea too, cause my 12 year old can shoot too. Ok, so what do you buy. Also, there is a member on here that has a Kinber super carry for sale, but this site won't let me contact him untill I have 15 post.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Both are fine guns. I guess it is up to you on which one has the features you like best.

Good luck with your decision and post some pics on which ever you decide.

kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    I have several Kimbers - Pro carry, Ultra Carry, Compact Custom and Gold Match. Believe it or not, the Custom compact is the most accurate with the Gold match right behind it. All my Kimbers will shoot 2" or under @ 25 yards. Good shooting.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    cant help you on the kimber vs. kimber argument you will win either way! as for the .22 cal conversion save your money

the conversion costs 325.00 (at least the last one we had did) and wont hold open after the last round, the dedicated .22s wont hold open either plus you have to switch the slide ever time you want to shoot .22 or .45

why not buy a chiappa 1911 22 or a gsg 1911 22, both complete guns cost less that the kimber conversion, and both have working slide stops so your 12 yo can get a feel for the real 1911 experience (plus i think the gsg has a threaded barrel in case you purchase a suppressor)

i think my dad paid 299. or his chiappa and loves it

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I also am trying to decide on a Kimber where is a good place to look at them?????

call around even stocking dealers have a hard time keeping them in stock, the shop i work for sold our last kimber in march or april and didnt get any more till october:n00b: kimber has a policy that they wont make 1 gun till they have a order for 50, so if we order a crimson pro carry 2 and they are out....tough titty said the kitty you have to wait..we were getting 3-4 calls a week asking for any kimber all we could say is they are on order the next thing they would ask is when are you getting more? all we could say was as soon as kimber decides to make more(we've had a rimfire target 22 on order for over a year now)

its a horrible policy but its theirs and who suffers? the customer does but the people keep drinking the kimber kool aid

i love kimber 1911's they are the best on the market...when they are available

if you are interested we have 5-6 in stock right now from 900.00 to 1300.00 in evansville

bullitstang1313

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Columbus
    I have the crimson pro carry 2 as my normal carry gun. I like the gun and the laser, but I do wish it had the Meprolight night sights as well. I know it has a laser, but I don't like to rely on batteries. The Super Pro carry gun looks like a nice gun. I like the fact that it comes with the night sights. I also think the rounding on the frame. Its all a matter of features vs cost in my opinion.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    It's difficult to find a large number of Kimbers in one place to compare. Gander Mtn typically has a handful, Premier Arms in Brownsburg usually has at least 6-10 in stock, Midwest Gun Exchange seemed to have over 10 models at each of their locations when I've visited. Good luck with your final decision and, like has already been said here, you can't really go wrong.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I just saw pictures of the Kimber Solo, looks like a great 9mm carry gun. I always thought that Kimber was a little pricey and over-rated, but I really do like the looks of the Solo. At $725 MSRP, it would be a very exspensive sub-compact, but maybe I can convince myself to let go of some of my money.

jwardrip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Evansville
    [/quote]i love kimber 1911's they are the best on the market...when they are available

if you are interested we have 5-6 in stock right now from 900.00 to 1300.00 in evansville[/quote]

Im also from Evansville. Which shop do you work at?

Top Bottom