• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunlover303

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    I've been doing a little research for a decent 9mm, and I have came down to these 2 guns. The American Tactical CS9 and the RUGER P95. I just wanted a little feed back on which one would others prefer. Now I know there aren't many who know much about the CS9. Just whatever helpful thoughts anyone might have, thanks.:ar15:

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Well, Rugers been around for a long time if you need parts, easy to find. If you need an extra magazine, easy to find. Ruger probably has a higher resale value. I would lean pretty heavy toward Ruger. Oh yea, they shoot pretty well too.

gunlover303

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    yeah I've been thinkin more about the P95. but quick question. have you had the chance to fire or see the CS9 in action?

hickuleas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    deep in the woods
    Of the two you listed the Ruger P95 would be my choice. I haven't handled the ATI. I do have a couple P85's (basically same as P95) and they have been dependable but seem to fit a larger hand size better. You get what you pay for.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I had a CS9 and I have a Ruger P94DC. The CS9 was a good pistol, but it didn't like the russian ammo. The Ruger eats anything so far. Also like it was said the CS9 is harder to find mags for etc. I would go with the Ruger if that is what your choices are narrowed down to. I personally prefer a Glock. The other 2 seem too bulky to me.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    I just sold a P95 that was nothing but spectacular when it comes to reliablity, never a malfunction regardless of ammo, intentional limp wristing, etc. The Ruger is ambidextrious, should you ever want to practice left handed. Concealed carry is tricky, but can be done with a good holster. I have no experience with the CS9, so I cannot offer any insight into that pistol.

You are very likely to receive an outstanding pistol in the Ruger P series.

Just a thought, but if you wait around long enough, you can find a used Glock for about 100 bucks more than a typical Ruger would cost used. It depends on your viewpoints of active safeties, budget and personal preference. Either way, a Ruger is a fine PD weapon.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My first handgun was a Ruger P95. I still own it too. Great gun, built like a tank. I bought it used at a gun show and it has been 100% reliable with any ammo I have fed it. I think the P95 is a great gun. With all of my other handguns I have now it seems a bit big and heavy for carry, but it can be done with proper holster and a good belt.

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Never heard of the ATI, however i have a ruger p95 and after 2000+ rounds i have had no malfunctions,even during the break in period. Rugers are heavy and built like tanks, but i will never sell mine :)

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My first center fire hand gun was and still is a Ruger P95 DC. Love this gun. It is a bit large for CC but I have a nice leather Holster with an FBI cant to it which makes it a little easier to conceal. I have rather large paws, as my hand surgeon said once. So it fits me rather well. And reliable as everyone else has said. I just wish the large capacity mags were a little cheaper. I can find cheap Colt .45 mags that work for $10, $20 plus is the best I can do for the Ruger.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    My first center fire hand gun was and still is a Ruger P95 DC. Love this gun. It is a bit large for CC but I have a nice leather Holster with an FBI cant to it which makes it a little easier to conceal. I have rather large paws, as my hand surgeon said once. So it fits me rather well. And reliable as everyone else has said. I just wish the large capacity mags were a little cheaper. I can find cheap Colt .45 mags that work for $10, $20 plus is the best I can do for the Ruger.

I buy my mags from CDNN, they have some good deals:yesway:

Muzzleloaderbill

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Ligonier
    I bought a P95 last year. My first semi auto hand gun. I tired others. But the P95 fits my hand better than the others. The price was right too $350.

gunlover303

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    well it seems the P95 is the most likely choice. i appreciate everyones impute. IT was all very useful, thanks to everyone that replied/and will reply.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have the Ruger P93DC which is just like the P95 minus the polymer base and I like it, but like someone else mentioned it is a little large for CC. They are tanks though and for the price definitely a good look. It really just depends on your needs.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    Ruger P95 would be the last gun I'd part with. I love it that much - I own many but it is the one I'd keep until the end. Not a great carry gun but never fails to put a hole where it should go.

Top Bottom