• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Just wondering how many new people are joining in shooting 22's this year. I have always had some but this year my interest peaked due to rising cost of ammunition.

I purchased a new P22 and three used MK II pistols this year. I won a Henry Golden Boy 22LR. I am building a Extreme Ruger 10/22 rifle and I bought a Extreme Rifle used.

Anyone else starting to shoot 22 pistols this year either more or for the first time? How about suppressed 22 pistols.

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    It's only my first year being an owner, but I picked up a p22 in april and a winchester mod. 190 .22 from my dad in the summer. .22s are awesome. pew pew pew!

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I bought my P22 this year because they came with a threaded barrel. Went to Beech Grove Firearms, bought a P22, Thread Adaptor, and a Gemtech Outback II.

Buy the Gemtech, while you are waiting on the BATF to approve your stamp, you will be able to get the P22, Thread the barrel on anything else that you have, Build a rifle platform that will accept the Outback II, buy MK II pistols and send barrel to Gemtech to Thread for you. As you can see, you don't need an excuse to buy the Gemtech. The Gemtech is the excuse to buy more toys to go with it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    This year saw me purchase:

Ruger 10/22 rifle
    CZ-452 rifle
    Ruger 22/45 pistol
    H&R 926 pistol

Sadly, they all sank with my boat in a tragic accident. :-(

-J-

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I jumped back on the .22 bandwagon late last year. I ordered an outback Aug 8 and it still hasen't been delivered to my dealer so my paperwork hasent even started yet.. I'm pissed but if nothing else I learned never to pay in full when someone asks for a deposit..:rolleyes:

My ever growing list of rimfires..

Savage MKII BV Thumbhole
    2 Walther p22's
    GSG-5 hopefully will be SBR soon
    Another AR-15 w/ Ciener kit to go along with my other AR's
    I picked up a sweet 10/22 yesterday. Stainless, Butler Creek Big assed bull barrel and a BC stock.. not sure what direction its headed yet.. For some odd reason I am drawn to the bullpups..

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I never left the .22's. Just can't ignore fun that cheap. I really want to get some larger guns, but .22's are fun too and so much cheaper to shoot.

I LOVE how accurate my Ruger Single Six is.

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Man, I haven't taken my Marlin 60 out in a LONG time. I forgot how much fun .22 was until I tried out a friend's Sig Mosquito a few months ago. I'm thinking I may pick one up just for fundamentals and cheaper to shoot. Anyone have experience with them?

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Just picked up a 1958 Marlin 39A Golden Mountie at Cabela's in Hammond. I got it for a good price, or so I think at least and it is in great shape. I hope to shoot it soon. Here is a poor phone pic.

m39lr1.jpg

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I almost forgot my old Savage Stevens 84c

This was my trusty varmint plinker when I was a kid, it ended up in my mom's barn for the last 20 odd years. It needed a bunch of work, I re-blued and refinished it last year.. Shoots as good as the day I got it..

DSCN1537.jpg

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I shot one for the first time on Saturday and am very interested in picking one up.

Dicks has a Savage Mk II BXP for $149. Can't find out which model on the Savage website the BXP matches, but it has a wood stock, is bolt action and has a 4 x 32mm scope.

Heard good things about Savage, so that seems like a reasonable price to me. Anyone else seen this one?

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    My favorite 22 rifle is my Henry Golden Boy. This rifle just feels so smooth when you work the action that it convinces you to shoot better. Feels like it should cost twice the money. Best thing about it is that I won it this year at Friends of the NRA dinner in Richmond.

This rifle got me interested again in shoot .22.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    10/22

My all time favorite is the Ruger 10/22. I have a Henry lever, Remington Pump, Marlin Bolt and a Winchester semi but always go back to my Rugers. I have 11 Ruger 10/22 and 4 Ruger Chargers. Very easy gun to modify and work on

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    I'm hoping to start with the .22's this year as well. A Tacsol .22LR Upper for my AR's, a S&W 317 or 617 of some flavor, and a Browning Buckmark are on the list. Maybe I'll throw in a 10/22 or 597 later on.

I know I'd probably shoot a heck of a lot more if I have a couple .22's right now.

mtk469

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I have mulitple 22's and they are fun to shoot. And the ammo price is hard to beat as well. Just purchased a 10/22 with heavy barrell that sold arrive Tuesday or Wednesday so we'll see how it shots compared to my stock 10/22

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Picked up my Outback II silencer Saturday and shot it on a couple of pistols. I will need to use subsonic ammo on my MK II Slab Side with a 6 7/8" barrel but on the P22 with the short barrel I can shoot anything and it sounds like an Air pistol. You can hear the action work.

This is going to be a lot of fun shooting quietly and not disturbing the farm animals. Might have to find a bullet trap so I can shoot in the barn this winter.

bang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Man, I haven't taken my Marlin 60 out in a LONG time. I forgot how much fun .22 was until I tried out a friend's Sig Mosquito a few months ago. I'm thinking I may pick one up just for fundamentals and cheaper to shoot. Anyone have experience with them?
    I have one.
    I'll give this tip to you only because we are 2,500 miles apart. (I have to protect my gun buying turf, you understand)
    Look for one that someone is selling that can't stand it. Yes, you heard correct. There are people out there that can't stand these things.
    "They jam, they misfire, they don't load correctly, blah, blah, blah..."
    Offer to take it off their hands, cuz you like a challenge.
    After you score on one, clean it like you are trying to sell as new. ;)
    Then and only then you'll be ready to shoot it.
    Here is the final trick... read carefully.
    Only fire Aguila 22 Hyper Velocity ammo.
    All other ammo is too weak to cycle the slide.
    Now promise not to tell anyone else I told you this. :D

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    This thread has inspired me to get out my Dad's old .22 that I learned to shoot on. Been using the CZ and the Buckmark on a regular basis but not the old Remington. It's a Reminton 341P that dates form about 1938. I say that 'cause that's when they stopped making that model. Still in very good shape. Should be fun shooting with apature sights after all this time using scope. Time to relive my youth.

ARGarrison

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Indiana, of course
    Have had .22LR rifles for a long time, but picked up my first .22 Pistol ever this past December. It's a Ruger 22/45 MkIII. Bought to use to off set rising centerfire ammo cost. I was buying two Federal bulk packs everytime I got to a Walmart, until they jumped the price to 13.97. I've put more .22LR down range than any other caliber this year.

Top Bottom