• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    heh heh. I just saw this thread after I replied to the thread about XD9s. Here's what I wrote in that thread about your comment:
    I have fired everything from WWB, CCI Blazer, dirty bulk reloads from Dick's sporting goods (I won't buy them again, but just because they are so dirty), Winchester SXZ (BassPro special), Speer lawman, Ranger-T, and Hydrashocks, FMJ, cast lead, and hollowpoint, 135-180gr with no problems whatsoever.

I have the XD40 in both 3" and 4".
    Of course, I forgot to post Remington UMC in that thread. Yes I've fired it; no, I haven't had any problems with it.
    Are you having issues with it feeding, extracting, or what?

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    inaccurate as all get out shooting Remington UMC 180 GR. I got hydrashocks and a non remington ball round with it when I bought it and it was way more accurate. I guess I'm just gonna have to see what this picky bitch likes one brand at a time. I sent it back in for the factory finish issue and thought it was in my head at first but now I am not convinced that it isn't different since the service.

Last edited:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Any of the cheap ammo will be inaccurate/inconsistent. winchester white box or SXZ is not too bad though. SHouldn't cause any problems. I plink with the cheap stuff, then prove (just a couple boxes) of the expensive stuff and carry it. I think I'm carrying the 155gr Speer Lawman ammo right now.
    I don't worry too much about accuracy anyhow. As long as I can easily shoot 15 yds in a 6 inch group rapid fire drill, I figure I'm good for a CCW gun. I expect better than that out of my revolvers, of course.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I guess I should've quantified this by saying the last time I shot it, about a week ago is was like 25 yards and had 12 rounds in like about 3' x 2 1/2'-3' yeah that is feet not inches.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I guess I should've quantified this by saying the last time I shot it, about a week ago is was like 25 yards and had 12 rounds in like about 3' x 2 1/2'-3' yeah that is feet not inches.

There is part of your problem. You're shooting a defensive handgun at a target 75 feet away. What kind of group are you getting at, say, 10 feet?

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    My service model XD-40 at 12 yards does quite well with about 3" to 4" groups but anything beyond that distance and the groups do open up. I would think that 3 foot groups is a bit big at 25 yards though. To me the 40 caliber is whole different animal than say a 9mm or 45. The recoil is more difficult to tame but with practice it can be very manageable.

Top Bottom