• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaptainMorgan92

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I prefer the gen3 over the gen4. I prefer the smaller mag release on the gen3. Also the glock grip feels perfect to me so I do not need to have the removable backstrap...

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I like my Gen4 Glock 26. I leave the remove-able back straps off, and its about the right size for me. Although, I feel like the finish on my Gen4 is not quite as rugged as the finish on my old Gen 2 G17. I'm sure that it is, it just looks....thinner.

The subcompacts are going fast these days; when I was looking for the 26, I bought the first one I could find; and that took about a month.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    The gen4 has its advantages over the gen3 like the larger mag release and the interchangeable backstraps, but I'm not a fan of the rough texture especially when carrying inside the waistband.:twocents:

Anelson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Indiana
    For the 27 I'd go for the gen 3. Why? because your more than likely to use this size for great concealment. From first hand experience the gen4 has a quite aggressive finish. It's not all that comfortable when using an IWB holster without an undershirt. I would assume the same would be true for an ankle holster. Personally don't know as I carry a G22. Good luck with whichever you choose.
    Anelson

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I have a 4th gen G27, it replaced my Kimber for EDC; I'd recommend the 4th Gen as it has nice textured grips and a widened mag release.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    You'll get a better price on a Gen3, I like the features in the Gen4. Carry all day in either Galco ankle holster, Crossbreed Supertuck or Blackhawk Serpa. Oh, and the Gen4's come with THREE mags ...that right there should sell ya! :D Get whatever floats your boat ...it's all good!

BTW, Hickok45 just did a video on the Gen4 27 ...I think he likes it! :rockwoot:

YouTube - Glock 27 Gen 4

CaptainMorgan92

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Hickok rocks! But if you find a good deal on a gen4 get it, if you find a good deal on a gen3 get it. But it ultimately comes down to which one YOU like! Don't let us decide what to buy for you! lol

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Somewhere i read on the interwebz doing some searchin that the gen 4 grip texture isnt as rough as a gen 3 rtf? I have a gen 3 g19 and g23 with the rtf grip texture. I love the texture when its in my hand and shooting it. Not a fan of it while carrying IWB.

Going to Midwest this weekend to buy a 27, i guess ill see what they have in stock. Thanks for the suggestions. Much appreciated!

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    The Gen 4's do have a pretty rough texture. Its not enough to turn me off to them, but I do notice it sometimes when I lean my gun up against something while its in the IWB, or if I turn/twist the wrong way. Doesn't hurt or anything....just reminds me that its there.

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    No shops locally have a gen4, nor do the expect to have any anytime soon. Did find a new gen3 for $475, cheaper than the other shops for $499

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    Personally for me I prefer the Gen3. I just cannot get past that huge mag release. The extra backs traps form me, are meaningless. The Gen3 Glock 27 fits best as is. As far as that whole extra mag thing goes, your paying for it. It's not free.

jthom19802

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    I with those saying get them both in front of you and then decide what you like (including price as a factor if you so choose). I have a gen3 26 and it suits me just fine. I've handled gen4 and there was nothing - in my personal preference - that made me say "wow, I've got to trade up!".

I am a smaller guy and CC with the 26 brings no size issue at all. I do not know if that would be different for a gen4 27 as I haven't tried.

Hi im Bob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    NWI
    Personally i like the gen 4. The gen 4s fit my hand a little better. Id just check them both out and see which feels better. As for the rough texture, i wear an undershirt everyday so its not an issue. Just check what feels right for you.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The Gen4 frames are not as aggressively textured as the RTF frames. I prefer the ever so slightly smaller frame of a Gen4 over a Gen3. The larger mag release and the fact that it can be switched to the right side for a left handed shooter is a nice option as well.

I have a Gen4 G23 that I bought a month ago and so far I like it better than the Gen3 pistols I've been carrying for years.

drmikeyj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    I have a gen 3 27, my wife has a gen 4 26. They are a horse a piece! Get the best price and have fun with either one. Both have a captured spring recoil rod

Top Bottom