• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I had a buddy call me this week saying his father had a Ruger MKII for sale. I told him i may be interested in it and called his father. He told me it was a blued 5.5" MKII target slab side with red dot scope he had bought from a friend but never fired it.

I've done a little searching online, but cant seem to find much on this model and i can't find a blued slab side MKII in my blue book. He told me he thought it was a dealer exclusive. My question is this model hard to come by? Also is there much of an accuracy advantage on a 6 7/8" barrel over the 5.5? This is going to be a plinker/squirrel pistol. :dunno:

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Dealer Exclusive

It is definately a dealer exclusive. Ruger only produced the MKII slabside in a 6 7/8 stainless barrel that showed up in the catalogs.. But it came with 1 of 2 different scope mounting options. The one you are going to look at should have had a special set of grips also. They would be slightly different than what the factory guns came with.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    at $300, it's a good deal whether or not, but would be cool if it was a Lipsey

I just called his son and he told me that the trigger isn't gold so it's not a Lipsey but he is bringing it over to the house tonight for me to look at. No box and only one mag, but i still think it's well worth the money as long as it's in the shape he says its in.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Mags are still readily available

The MKII mags are still readily available at a reasonable cost. If I remember right I think that variation might have the fiber optic front sight on it.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    It will run you about 20-25 for a Mark II mag, very easy to come by. Midway had them on sale a little while back for like 17, but it was still a little over 20 shipped.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    If you don't want it, buy it and re-sell it. Its a good deal on a fabulous gun, especially if its in good shape and comes with optics.

Better yet, buy it with the intention of re-selling it, and then fall in love with it on the one trip you take to the range with it. ;) And you will, I promise.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    If you don't want it, buy it and re-sell it. Its a good deal on a fabulous gun, especially if its in good shape and comes with optics.

Better yet, buy it with the intention of re-selling it, and then fall in love with it on the one trip you take to the range with it. ;) And you will, I promise.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I agree with all above. I really like my MK III. If you decide you don't want it, you could always PM a Harley guy and he might be willing to take it off your friend's hands.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I have several MK II's and you will love it. I have a bunch of 5" Bull barrels and two or three of the 6 7/8 Slab sides. I can shoot equally well with any of them with open sights.

I have a red dot on one of the slab sides and a scope on the other.

I have a MK II 5" Bull Barrel put put back for each of my Grandsons is why I have so many. I have five grandsons right now so I picked up a couple extra in the event the youngest daughter had any more children. If a granddaughter comes along she will also get a MK II 5" Bull Barrel.

Top Bottom