• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Both are great. Can't go wrong with either, just personal prefference. I love Glock and have the G27 as my EDC. Just go with what feels best to you and which one you enjoy shooting the best. Both will serve you well.

Yosarian87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    NWI
    Both are great. Can't go wrong with either, just personal prefference. I love Glock and have the G27 as my EDC. Just go with what feels best to you and which one you enjoy shooting the best. Both will serve you well.

Agreed, We were trying to decide between glock and springfield...ended up going with glock because of how it felt when we pulled the trigger. But as he said...do what feels best, and nothing else.

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    I have a G23 and love it. But I am looking into getting something a bit more compact for summer carry. Considering heavily a Springfield, just not sure if I am going to get a .40 or .45 yet.

A lot of people love Glock and just as many would prefer something else, but I think all agree that it's an excellent choice. Plus I like the fact that there is no external safety.

hoosiergrass75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    southeast Indiana
    Reason I'm leaning towards the XD is because of the safety in the handle..I want to carry chambered and feel a little safer having that safety in the handle..They both felt good in my hands and I've heard nothing but great things about Glocks...going to be a tough choice, but I'm sure I will be happy with either. Thanks for the replies so far!

GMack_1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Montgomery Co.
    I have a G23 and love it as well. But, I did purchase a G27 recently and had the opportunity to shoot it last weekend. I used standard mags, so my pinky finger was kind of hanging out there doing nothing. Here is the funny thing. I am more accurate with the 27 than the 23 (at least at short range +/- 20 feet). Long story short, I shot a buddy's G27 a couple months ago and decided to get one for myself (that's how impressed I was)..., it's small and just as accurate, imho.

I wouldn't buy anything until you shoot it first, by the way.

Good luck.

acase20

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Jay County
    I have had a glock 17 and a xdm 9
    also a g22 and a xdm 40 honestly there both great right now i only have the xdms but thats just because i like how they look more

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Reason I'm leaning towards the XD is because of the safety in the handle..I want to carry chambered and feel a little safer having that safety in the handle..They both felt good in my hands and I've heard nothing but great things about Glocks...going to be a tough choice, but I'm sure I will be happy with either. Thanks for the replies so far!

Shoot them both before you make a decision. Both felt awesome in my hands and super comfortable but when it came time to shoot them, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with an xd. Also as far as the grip safety is concerned, get a quality holster and it shouldn't be a concern.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    It kinda sounds like you answered your own question in the post about liking the safety on the XD. I don't think you'd necessarily go wrong with either, though I chose the G27 ...and, no surprise, would also recommend it! :D Keep in mind, however, that's my choice, not yours. Like others have said, it'd be quite helpful if you could shoot either and/or both if possible. Either way, enjoy!

NickL45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    I like the 27, it is my EDC. I have the pinky extender on the 9 round mag that I carry in it and carry a G 22 mag as a spare. it also has night sights. It is very accurate and I do not have any problems with recoil.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have an XDSC, albeit in 9mm. Not to beat a dead horse, but you should definitely hold and shoot (if you can) both guns to get a feel for them in your hand. From reviews I've read XDs are a little heavier than the equivalent model of glock and they have a slightly higher bore axis. Here is a thread discussing bore axis on XDs (ye be warned, said link is to an XD forum; bias might be present). I enjoy the extra peace of mind afforded me by the grip safety on my XD too.

I saw This Article about an AD with a glock right about the time I was looking for a gun and it helped me appreciate the grip safety on the XD.

This Torture Test and this Review from a law enforcement perspective were both helpful in reassuring me that the Springfield is a reliable and safe weapon. The torture test links to another forum where the article has been posted in full by a member because at the time I wrote this the website with the actual article was down.

Both of the reviews are referring to 9mm XD pistols. I posted them because they were insightful, unbiased, and extremely helpful when I was researching the XD-9 subcompact that I eventually purchased.

Last edited:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    profilepic12888_1.gif

Nuff said. BTW, Plainfield Shooting Supplies gave me the best price in the area when I bought mine.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I personally carry a Springfield XD45. I love its feel from how it shoots to how it feels at my side. I cant compare it to a Glock since I have never shot one, but my buddy loves his. I seriously doubt you will go wrong!

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    XDs, a bit more ergonomic, nicer "looking". Having shot both, I prefer the G27 in regards to subcompact poly guns. Bore axis is lower, slightly longer barrel (plus the polygonal rifling helps the velo out). The XD only has a 3" barrel, sits higher in the hand, is snappier than the G27, mags are more expensive and the nickling on the mags looks cheezy. I love the XD series but cannot get over the grip safety. The way it sits in my hands for offhand, single handed emergency shooting will occasionally lock the gun up because I cannot engage the safety "just right".

More accessories for the G27, it appears and carries easier, etc... G27 all the way. :twocents:

As others have said, find both, shoot them both and decide for YOURSELF.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Shoot them both before you make a decision. Both felt awesome in my hands and super comfortable but when it came time to shoot them, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with an xd. Also as far as the grip safety is concerned, get a quality holster and it shouldn't be a concern.

Don't know for sure about the Glock sights, as I do not own one, but the front sights on the XD and XD(m)s are not set up for a 6 o'clock hold. Cover your POA and you'll bring more rounds on target.

I learned this on :ingo: after having initial trouble with my XDm .40. It made all the difference for me. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom