• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JOLLYKART

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Mooresville
    What I have is a hand me down Calico M100P 22LR pistol. 100 round revolving mag on top. (fun little gun to shoot)

After I shoot about 50 rounds rather quickly the action becomes very slow. I am assuming it is a heat issue but do not know.

Is this a common issue or do I need to find a gunsmith that works with this type of gun?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It could be a heat issue, but also a dirt issue. Is your Calico clean before shooting 50 rounds quickly or has it been shot a while without being cleaned?

I have the Calico M100 Carbine and have not tried 50 quick round so I can't say what would happen, but I do know that you can get it hot enough to cook one off out of battery. The nice thing about the Calico is it is strong enough to take the out of battery firing and not be hurt.

The only problem I have had is breaking the main spring in the mag.

Try a good cleaning, check all parts for small burrs or nicks. I did have one with a very slightly bent firing pin which I had to smooth out on a stone. After smoothing it out it slid better in it's slot, but I can't say if it would have caused problems if rapidly fired. Sorry.

pmorriso

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Cleaning the mag is the best thing to do. If you've been shooting anything other than mini mags then its probably gotten pretty dirty in the mag. Also always make sure to wind it up the correct amount of times. If you over wind or if it is under wound it can cause premature spring failure. Those mags are not cheap.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have one of those, with more than one 100 round mag.
    Most work well but one mag sticks. It's been cleaned thoroughly but still sticks. I got both the carbine and the mags used.

Can I just buy a replacement spring for my mag?

Sorry for the thread jack.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Parts are nicely available with the new owner. If you are looking for the magazine drive spring, here you go. Make sure you read the disassembly instructions for the mag carefully. It is very easy to launch a couple of parts if you are not careful.

Calico Light Weapon Systems -

Top Bottom