• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I just saw a thread about the SR9 and it got me thinking. I basically chalked it up that I would be getting an SR9c as soon as my LTCH came in. I thought this because the SR9c got great reviews and the SR9 had recall problems with their triggers. But aren't all of the new SR9's sold with the post-recall triggers? Basically my question is, if i'm not going to be carrying the gun on me the majority of the time, is the SR9c that much better than the SR9 if at all? I have pretty decent sized hands so i'm thinking the longer grip length of the SR9 would be better in that aspect. I also tend to like the lack of "loaded chamber indicator". Does anyone own both? Or have shot both?

abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    All new SR9's come with the new trigger. Which is like the trigger safety contraption of a glock. The sr9 ha the loaded chamber indiacTor. The main reason I didnt get the compact version was because my hands were to big for the handle. The sr9 is a perfect fit. For what it's worth if you aren't going to carry it every day then it is just whatever you prefer. However, I carry my sr9 daily and I love it. The full size shoots dead on right out of the box. No ftf or fte at all.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I see the loaded chamber indicator now, for some reason i thought it didnt have it. Obviously i'll be handling both before making a purchase. But I also value INGO's opinion:ingo:

abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    That's what I did. As soon as I held the full size I instantly knew. Guns are like tattoos when you see the one you want you just know. Also once you have one you have to have more. They do make a SR40 if you are a fan of a higher caliber.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Definitely feel both. If you aren't figuring on carrying much, then I'd definitely lean towards the full size. However, the SR9c comes with one compact magazine and one full size mag that makes it almost feel like the SR9. You can then easily carry with the smaller mag as the shorter grip size makes it easier to conceal and the larger mag would work well as a spare carry magazine.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    SR9 - 1/2" extra barrel.

SR9c - With grip extender it feels exactly the same as the SR9, plus small grip option for carry.

With all due respect, I don't think that's the case. From what I remember, the grip on the SR9c, even with the larger "assault clip" (couldn't resist) didn't fit my paws. While you can get all your fingers on it, the butt is still shorter than an SR9. I believe it's around an inch shorter than the full size.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    the sr9c comes with the same 17 rd mag as the full size sr9 which makes it the same size grip as the sr9. the 10 rd grip extention is a bit shorter but suits many average hands. the 10 rd mag with the flat base plate does not fill the hand. i have shot my sr9c in all configurations and have gotten quite used to the 10 rd with flat base. it conceals alot better with just the flat 10 to me but for nightstand duty or woods carry i give her the 17 rounder for the extra insurance. it all really boils down to how you want to carry and what is the most comfortable to you.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    With all due respect, I don't think that's the case. From what I remember, the grip on the SR9c, even with the larger "assault clip" (couldn't resist) didn't fit my paws. While you can get all your fingers on it, the butt is still shorter than an SR9. I believe it's around an inch shorter than the full size.

Aaron already addressed it, but no, they're the same length. The SR9c grip MIGHT have a big more rounding to the backstrap at the bottom. But definitely room for all my fingers.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Anyone know of a place that has them in stock in the south bend or plymouth area? Everywhere I call or email tells me they're out of stock.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    i dont know why anyone would pick a sr9 over a sr9c. the sr9c with the extended mag feels like a full size handgun and is very comfortable , and with the small mag its easy and more comfortable to carry. its the best of both worlds. It doesnt matter how great it feels in your hand if you are planning on carrying it everyday, what matters most ( i think) is how it feels on your side, because if its constantly on your mind poking you on the side you are probably gonna stop carrying it.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    i dont know why anyone would pick a sr9 over a sr9c. the sr9c with the extended mag feels like a full size handgun and is very comfortable , and with the small mag its easy and more comfortable to carry. its the best of both worlds. It doesnt matter how great it feels in your hand if you are planning on carrying it everyday, what matters most ( i think) is how it feels on your side, because if its constantly on your mind poking you on the side you are probably gonna stop carrying it.

I can answer that. The short mag didn't feel right in my hand. If I'm going to have the full size mag in to make it feel better in my hand, I might as well have the little bit of additional length for the sight plane.:twocents:

NickJ

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Indianapolis

Having an extra half inch of barrel definately helps..

Top Bottom