• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_TeYqvpk-A]YouTube - World's smallest pistol. Austria 2mm pinfire miniature guns.[/ame]

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    There was some article from England or some other police state of someone whining about how it could be used by terrorists and criminals. Then people on the forum started doing the math on how powerful the round is. It turns out that a pellet gun is several times more powerful. It would be questionable if it could even penetrate skin.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    It would be questionable if it could even penetrate skin.

They will.

I had a friend in Vincennes named Doug. He ran a gunstore - don't know if it's still there; we lost touch. Maybe one of you can tell me?

Anyway, he got ahold of a couple of the single shot versions along with empty cases. Loaded with what, a single #6 shot pellet IIRC(?), and black powder, it would penetrate about halfway through a Knox County phone book (not quite as thick as a Indianapolis phone book from the '80s, but still decent.)

The cross sectional density of the shot makes up for the lack of power behind it.

According to him, these were invented for assassinations and such.

Josh <><

hippykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Johnson Co.
    They will.

I had a friend in Vincennes named Doug. He ran a gunstore - don't know if it's still there; we lost touch. Maybe one of you can tell me?

Anyway, he got ahold of a couple of the single shot versions along with empty cases. Loaded with what, a single #6 shot pellet IIRC(?), and black powder, it would penetrate about halfway through a Knox County phone book (not quite as thick as a Indianapolis phone book from the '80s, but still decent.)

The cross sectional density of the shot makes up for the lack of power behind it.

Josh <><

Sorry to take this thread off track a bit, but did you live in Vincennes? I grew up there. Dont think the gun store is open anymore. In fact I dont think there are anymore gun stores left in town, unless you count pawn shops. Which store did your buddy own by the way?

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    They will.

Josh <><

It doesn't look to be the same thing (the ammo isn't a #6 pellet).

IdeaSeek.Com: SwissMiniGun

A bullet weighing less than 2 grains going 400 fps. Yeah, I stand by my statement. It might barely penetrate skin, but it is doubtful it could hit anything vital unless it was jammed into an open eye and even then I would have to question it.

SwissMiniGun Arme Miniature Miniature Arms

BTW look at its amazing [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0.7154 ft-lbf of energy. Yeah a .177 crossman whoops the crap out of it.
    [/FONT]

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Sorry to take this thread off track a bit, but did you live in Vincennes? I grew up there. Dont think the gun store is open anymore. In fact I dont think there are anymore gun stores left in town, unless you count pawn shops. Which store did your buddy own by the way?

Hello,

This was 1998 through 2002 or so. Went to college and then worked at the Autozone there.

I don't remember the name of the gunshop. I'd always just say that I was going down to Doug's, and everybody knew what I meant.

The gunshop was situated on a street down from a Domino's Pizza. Railroad tracks ran right in front of it on a road, angling off to the right.

Down from it was a grocery store.

I'm in the process of a download; later I'll see if Google Earth will work with this air card connection. If it does, I'll locate the place I'm talking about and post it in a new thread.

Josh <><

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    It doesn't look to be the same thing (the ammo isn't a #6 pellet).

IdeaSeek.Com: SwissMiniGun

A bullet weighing less than 2 grains going 400 fps. Yeah, I stand by my statement. It might barely penetrate skin, but it is doubtful it could hit anything vital unless it was jammed into an open eye and even then I would have to question it.

SwissMiniGun Arme Miniature Miniature Arms

BTW look at its amazing [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0.7154 ft-lbf of energy. Yeah a .177 crossman whoops the crap out of it.
    [/FONT]

That's just what he was reloading it with. I don't remember the exact size shot; I'm guessing. I know he used black powder.

I remember it was a 2mm pinfire. Real small gun.

Remember, too, it was made during a time that gunshot wounds were extremely hard to treat.

I would think a smaller bullet would make it even harder.

Josh <><

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Remember, too, it was made during a time that gunshot wounds were extremely hard to treat.

I would think a smaller bullet would make it even harder.

2mm = 0.078 caliber so a bit less than half of the size of a .177 pellet in diameter. Were closing in on literal needle sizes which the body does a good job of closing up on its own. So I would say, no, it would be easier to treat.

Considering when my brother was younger he was shot with a .177 BB (7-8 grains) at around 600-700 fps at point blank range and while it penetrated the skin, it didn't go much further (you can still feel it under his skin to this day). I highly doubt that this would be any more effective. Actually, it would probably be less.

A ballpoint pen is probably a more effective killing weapon than this gun.

hippykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Johnson Co.
    Hello,

This was 1998 through 2002 or so. Went to college and then worked at the Autozone there.

I don't remember the name of the gunshop. I'd always just say that I was going down to Doug's, and everybody knew what I meant.

The gunshop was situated on a street down from a Domino's Pizza. Railroad tracks ran right in front of it on a road, angling off to the right.

Down from it was a grocery store.

I'm in the process of a download; later I'll see if Google Earth will work with this air card connection. If it does, I'll locate the place I'm talking about and post it in a new thread.

Josh <><
    =

Ya there closed... Cant remember the name of the shop though... Its a shame really, you could get some great deals at some of those little shops. My first sks came from there.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Those pistols were really nifty! :D

1) Dude.. seriously.. tweezers. Wouldn't the wheel be easier to load with a pair of tweezers handy?

2) Ok, maybe I've been brainwashed, but did anyone else cringe when the muzzle turned toward the camera?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    2) Ok, maybe I've been brainwashed, but did anyone else cringe when the muzzle turned toward the camera?

Oh, man. If I ever find a way to shoot people over the internet, I'm going to make a mint selling the technology.

cornbelt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Vincennes
    Name of gunshop: Wabash Valley Shooting Supply. The gun wasn't supposed to shoot anything but blanks, but a #8 or 9 shot would shoot. Doug got the gun from me and claimed he got $350 for it. Hard to tell what he told that guy or if he actually got what he said. He was pretty windy. (Also claimed he killed an alligator with a pair of fingernail clippers.) The shells he had came from Dixie and the previous shop owner tried to chronograph it, but couldn't get it to cast a shadow.

tranqgun23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    i have been looking into one and have connections to get one really cheap. my question is, is it possible that tiny seed beads could fit into them if i happen to run out of the ammo? i heard that they make great collector items, even if your not a gun owner to begin with. i am also a crafter and plan to make it into a piece of fashion jewelry for display. any suggestions?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom