Join INGunOwners For Free
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Glock magazine follower numbers?

I just acquired a used Glock 35 from hueycrew (GREAT seller) which came with 4 mags. On 2 of them the follower has the numbers 40 (for .40 cal) and "5", the other 2 had 40 and the number "8" on them. The followers had a noticeably different design to them.

I ran roughly 100 rounds though the gun today using all 4 magazines without any difference in performance.

Anybody have any idea why the different designs? How many other designs are there?

Thanks for all replies!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJ32174 View Post
    Anybody have any idea why the different designs? How many other designs are there?
    Glock is constantly tweaking their mag follower designs for more reliable as different types of bullet styles come on the market, and to correct specific problems that may have come up with certain batches of guns or gun/ammo combinations.

The .40 followers are up to revision 8 and the 9mm to revision 9 by now, IIRC.

That said, I have many Glock mags with many different follower types (most of them older), and they all work just fine. Just bear in mind if/when you start replacing springs that the flat bottom or "sled" type followers (7, 8, 9) require a different magazine spring than the older ones.

"The good old days weren't always good and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems" Billy Joel