• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NickJ

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    About two months ago I started thinking of purchasing a firearm for concealed carry. I combed through the internet looking at reviews and videos of people's opinions. My budget was between $300-$400, so I obviously wasn't going to be purchasing a higher end handgun such as the FNP-40.

Something about the Walther PK380 just kept catching my eye. I read so many different reviews about this gun. Some people said it was amazingly reliable, and that they never had FTFs or FTEs. Others said the exact opposite. I eventually went to check one out at a local dealer. This gun actually felt pretty solid in my hands, unlike all of those tiny little .380 acp handguns that women carry in their purses. It's large enough to fit all my fingers on the grip (with the magazine that has the pinky finger extension), not to mention the grip is way more comfortable than say the Taurus PT Millennium handguns. The PK380 has a substantial weight with a loaded mag, and feels more like a 9mm or even a .40.

After purchasing the PK380, I immediately had to take it to the range So I threw 100 rounds of PMC .380 acp FMJ's in my backpack, and headed to the range. After about 20 rounds or so, I had this gun pretty much figured out. I was hitting 3-4 inch groups from about 10 yards no problem. It's accurate, and doesn't have much kick..even when rapid firing. I continued going to the range about once a week for a month, which brings us to the present date. Since then, I have completely polished my barrel and the inner slide, and it has never felt smoother. After putting about 350-400 rounds through the PK380, I could literally feel it breaking in and getting more accurate. I put a Laserlyte V3 on the picatinny rail just last week, and took it to the range yesterday. I was hitting 2 inch groups from 10 yards like it was my job.

I've put a total of about 500 rounds through this gun, and have had 2 FTE's, and 1 FTF. All three occurred prior to me polishing the firearm, and that was when I had only put about 200 rounds through it. I honestly love this gun, and I take it everywhere I go. Take-down is extremely easy, but requires a tool. I order 2 extra tools, I have one in my car and the other in my holster. Im 6 feet tall and weigh about 175lbs, so I'm pretty thin, but I have no problem concealing this gun. The people who have constant FTE's and FTF's, probably need to work on their shooing form, AND CLEAN YOUR GUN AFTER YOU SHOOT IT....cause the gun isnt the problem!!!

pk.jpg

http://youtu.be/xw-aOTYjzzA

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    That was my wifes first pistol. Great gun, easy to shoot. She grew out of it, and opted for a PF-9 for daily carry, and a S&W Bodyguard380 for days when the 9mm was too big.
    The best thing I found about the PK380 was that it handled any factory ammo we put though it. Buffalo Bore +Ps were not anywhere close to uncomfortable in her pistol, making it a smaller compromise from the 9mm for regular carry.

NickJ

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    That was my wifes first pistol. Great gun, easy to shoot. She grew out of it, and opted for a PF-9 for daily carry, and a S&W Bodyguard380 for days when the 9mm was too big.
    The best thing I found about the PK380 was that it handled any factory ammo we put though it. Buffalo Bore +Ps were not anywhere close to uncomfortable in her pistol, making it a smaller compromise from the 9mm for regular carry.

Yea mine loves low end ammo, and thats why I love the little guy. I keep it sqeaky clean and have polished the ISH out of it too...that helps.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I have large hands and have some trouble shooting some of the .380's out there, but when I shot the PK380 a friend has, I think I have found the next .380 I want to buy. It fit like a glove and shot well. Nice handgun.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    My wife loves her PK380. She had carpal tunnel surgery on her hand several years ago and the PK380 handles recoil nicely. She can shoot it all day and not feel the pain in her hand that she did with my 9mm. It stinks that the .380 ammo is $5 a box more than 9mm, but that's a cheap price to pay to avoid pain.

Only problem with it, since I bought her the Walther laser, that's the one everyone likes to shoot.

Top Bottom