• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PsYcHo SqUiRrEl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Greenetucky
    Just wondered if anyone else has one of these guns. I inherited one from a late uncle a couple of years ago and so far love it. I tried to find out more information for this model online, however, there doesn't seem to be much out there. So far I've found out that Atlanta PD ordered a bunch that were never issued and that CHP either issues them or used to issue them along with the 4006. It also still appears in the S&W lineup on their website. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information on accessories for them either(holsters,sights, etc.). I believe from what I've read that the 4006 is the same gun, just with a stainless frame?

I'm not sure how many rounds mine has through it. We did find a receipt and the box among my uncle's stuff that shows he bought it used. When I took it apart to clean/examine it, it looked brand new!

So far it has been a great gun to carry and is very accurate. I've been thinking of using it when/if I get into shooting IDPA.

Anyone out there that has any further information on this model let's hear it!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The 4006 is an all-stainless steel pistol, while the 4003 has an aluminum frame and stainless slide. The "Tactical" or TSW model added an accessory rail under the dustcover, different laser marking on the slide, Novak sights and a checkered frontstrap.

The Atlanta PD used to issue a variant of the 4003 Tactical, minus the accessory rail and with a slide-mounted decock-only lever in place of the usual safety/decocker. These are marked "ATLANTA POLICE" on the dustcover, and can currently be had on the open market as used/police-trades for less than $350.

Top Bottom