• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MJ06IU

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indy
    Midwest Gun Exchange is running a sale on a Sig 250c .40 cal with night sights, 3-13 round mags, and an extra .357 Sig barrel. They are on sale for only $429.00 (regular price is $803.00). I am not affiliated with Midwest, just thought I'd pass on the info for a good deal.

Midwest Gun Exchange (Mishawaka, IN) SALE

I saw that deal and didn't know if it was really that good of a deal.:dunno:

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    If the 250 wasnt DAO, Id already have one from them. From what I understand the .357 barrels are used ones, its a package sig put together. I was doing some research on this before I settled on the 2022.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I love my P250, but that is NOT a good price. Granted mine was private sale, but it was still new. I paid just over $300 for mine. Cheaper than Dirt has them for like $380, and CDNN has them for even less, if I remember correctly. I also want to point out that the regular price at Midwest is not $800, it is like $450. The $800 is for the 2SUM, which they havent had in stock the past few times I went in there.

I like Midwest, but they never have drop dead deals on their guns, and half the time their advertising is a bit misleading.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I love my P250, but that is NOT a good price. Granted mine was private sale, but it was still new. I paid just over $300 for mine. Cheaper than Dirt has them for like $380, and CDNN has them for even less, if I remember correctly. I also want to point out that the regular price at Midwest is not $800, it is like $450. The $800 is for the 2SUM, which they havent had in stock the past few times I went in there.

I like Midwest, but they never have drop dead deals on their guns, and half the time their advertising is a bit misleading.

A private sale is not comparable to a gun shop sale, it may have had zero rounds but its a used gun since you were not the original buyer.

Now onto cheaper than dirt, better go check your facts. You aren't comparing apples to apples.

Cheaper than dirt - $379 - 1 magazine, contrast sights
    Cheaper than dirt - $439 - 1 magazine, night sights
    Midwest Gun - $429 - 3 magazines, night sights, and .357 barrel

So in other words you get a better price, more stuff, and dont have to go through the FFL shipping process. Seems like a win, win, and win.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    250's are dirt cheap right now. The price is ok but nothing great. As far as getting a .357 barrel with the deal.....why would anyone really want one? You have a .40 that you can drop a .357 barrel into.....why? What's the appeal?

If you avoid the marketing hype, and look at it from the viewpoint of "is it of any real use to you?", the answer is no.

If you like great DAO trigger actions (I do), the 250 is one of the better Sigs in a long time. However, this particular deal from Midwest is not all that great. I'd pass.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    250's are dirt cheap right now. The price is ok but nothing great. As far as getting a .357 barrel with the deal.....why would anyone really want one? You have a .40 that you can drop a .357 barrel into.....why? What's the appeal?

If you avoid the marketing hype, and look at it from the viewpoint of "is it of any real use to you?", the answer is no.

If you like great DAO trigger actions (I do), the 250 is one of the better Sigs in a long time. However, this particular deal from Midwest is not all that great. I'd pass.

The appeal of the extra barrel is being able to run two calibers in one gun. Maybe someone prefers the .357 sig, the mags run both. Is it a big deal to me? Not really, but its a cool feature to have.

I have nothing in this really, but it is a good price for what you are getting. Even if you take the extra barrel out of the equation, search the internet and find a 250 with 3 mags and night sights for 429 or less. Come back and post it up.

Yes you can find a cheaper 250, CDNN has them for $359, Cheaper than Dirt has them for $379. BUT that is no night sights, 1 mag, + shipping, + FFL. Like I said, find a better apples to apples deal and post it up.

Last edited:

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Was in Midwest bout 4 hrs ago frickn packed, but anyway if never been go to Granger Guns the prices are always better than MW but the choice isnt even close. You could take a ride to ZX in Goshen, great prices but once again the choice.

SigMan99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    It's a good deal if your an entry level buyer of Sig products. Just remember Sigs are a lot like potato chips.

snakeeye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Traders Point
    I really like Midwest Gun Exchange. I get their mini catalog that always has really good deals. I got my LCP there for $269.99 plus a free t-shirt. : )

Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    Well I don't ever plan on walking in the door to Midwest again...I can take my business elsewhere. There customer service is either hit or miss but usually miss. I don't really want to sling alot of crap, but my last dealing with them was horrible.

Top Bottom