• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • qualitytym

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Porter County
    After a few hundred rounds through my new Thunder, I find she doesn't like S&B FMJ at all. 3-4 FTF every 50. Other brands are fine, including JHP. Is this consistent with others experience? :dunno:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The BT380 is a very solid firearm that is known for being able to eat about anything. Actually, I'm surprised you had a problem with the S&B, but all you have to do is avoid it in the future.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I have not shot any S&B. It eats everything I have put through it though. And a dozen other people.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    After a few hundred rounds through my new Thunder, I find she doesn't like S&B FMJ at all. 3-4 FTF every 50. Other brands are fine, including JHP. Is this consistent with others experience? :dunno:

I've had two Thunder 380s and found this to be exactly the case with both of them. For whatever reason, they did not like Sellier & Bellot. Actually, I had better luck with Magtech FMJ than anything else. ;)

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    My BT 380 has chewed up everything I've given it, including my reloads. I've never fed it any S&B though. Do you have a micrometer? I would measure the length of the ammo and see if some rounds are right on the edge of the max length for 380? Just a thought, since it's not doing it all the time, but only 6-8%.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I have a few Bersa Thunder 380s.... one of my favorite firearms.

I have never had a problem with any ammo in any of them. It is a bit surprising to hear that you are.

I hope it gets rectified. If not, you may want to just swith to any of the other brands on the market and see if the problem continues.

They are great pistols.

If you end up not wanting to mess with it, let me know and I will take it off your hands.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    My wife has not had a problem with S & B ammo, or any other, since we threw away the aftermarket (pro-mag) magazines we bought.

qualitytym

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Porter County
    Thanks all, glad to hear at least somebody else had same issue. Went back out today and pumped 50 rounds of reloads through her, flawless. No more S&B for her. This little shooter is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I had used S&B without issue, until the early part of this year.
    Bought two boxes, had many issues.
    I then heard S&B had a bad run of 380 ammo. I can't veriry this,
    I just read it on a gun blog.
    Stopped using it, because of my issues with these two boxes.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've had several Thunder 380s and have never had an issue with any of them not liking any one particular ammo. There has been some S&B in the past and I don't recall any standout issues. The bad batch of ammo theory might be the issue. Overall, the Bersa 380 line is very well done. Now, you need to pick up a Bersa/Firestorm 22 for cheap practice. It's built on the same frame as the 380 is and feels exactly the same when shooting it.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I generally like the S&B but have had some "light strikes" with S&B that did not go off. On investigation found some of the sealing paint from the primers was getting in the firing pin hole and damping the primer strike just enough to prevent ignition. This was only one box tho.

Top Bottom