• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BryGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    My son and I picked up our first firearm Friday, the GSG 1911 (bought from Randy at IndyGunSafety.com A+ experience with them).

Since we have not be initiated into our local gun club (work in progress) we decided to take the 30 minute drive out to Eagle Creek Pistol Range. I have nothing to reference our experience with, only from posts read about other ranges in the Indianapolis area. I must say, the gang from Tactical Firearms Training (who runs the range on the weekends) did a stellar job. They explained the safety rules very well; the (2) RSO's on the range were very polite and followed procedure very well.

Overall, we both walked away with a very positive experience AND learned that a 550 round box of 22 LR DOES NOT last very long (it LOOKED like a lot in the box!)

Hope our experience can be helpful to others.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    LOL, no. 550 of the 22LR does not last long. You prob got a few hours in, though.

I have been there numerous times this year and have bought a few 10 visit passes, good place, good ROs who have always been courteous and willing to help someone out.

You may PM Tactical Firearms Training here on the board and let Guy know about your experience (He will probably see this thread, though). Also, thank everyone when you leave, makes them feel appreciated because I am glad they are there to provide a safe environment for us to shoot at. Thanks for sharing your experience. Like to be able to say I saw you there, but we went to Atterbury for rifles and shotties yesterday so all my weekend chore stuff was being done today (need to sell the house and buy a condo).

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think that your choice in the GSG 1911 is a great one. With reasonable care, you will probably gift it to your son's son or daughter someday.

Glad you had a good experience out at ECPR. I want to take my dad there in the next few weeks. That's a good range and good people manning it.

DarkEyes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Danville
    [FONT=&quot]2. Holstered firearms must remain holstered. If a customer intends to use a firearm at ECPR, that firearm should be brought to the range unloaded in a secure case, bag or other suitable container. Drawing a firearm from a holster and/or placing a firearm into a holster are not allowed at ECPR.[/FONT]

This really bothers me and is why I don't go to any ranges..
    Is there any real reason for this? When I practice I draw from my holster.
    I guess this is fine if your shooting a rifle. I usually practice with my pistol much more than my rifle.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Dark Eyes,

I work at EC. The main reason for the rule is due to the widely varying skill levels of shooters out there. Realistically, we have folks from all shooting "walks of life". Some are better skilled than others. It's a liability situation: Someone who does not know how to properly draw (or thinks they do but cannot) could shoot someone else on accident at the range. Thus, an across the board remain holstered rule out there. We aren't preventing you from carrying, just drawing it when at the range.

Also, we are focused on safety, rather than tacticool. Drawing violates the "keep muzzle downrange" rule. :twocents:

Thanks everyone for your business at EC!

Top Bottom