• ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    With a little modification that is.

Ill post pics once I get this finalized.

Anyway, I purchased a PRM30 mag off the forum a couple of weeks ago. If nothing else it was cheap, and I planned to get a PRM30 at some point. Anyway, I had always wondered if it might be a viable option for super expensive Grendel mags.

I grabbed a spare mag the P-30, and the PMR30 for comparison. They were roughly the same size. First thing I did was completely disassemble the PMR30 mag and I noticed it used the same type round mag spring. It wasn't as long but it was exactly the same size otherwise. Bingo, mag spring could interchange! Yay, these are hard to find as well. Next, I checked the follower. HOLY COW!!!!!!! The PMR30 follower will fit into the P30 mag!!!!!!!!!!! There is a small tab on the PMR30 that Im assuming is used for the bolt hold open which prevents it from being a direct swap, but cut that off and you have a replacement! SWEET!!

Next, I reassembled the PMR30 mag, loaded it up with 10 rounds of .22 mag, and put it into the Grendel. It fits, the rounds sit in the same spot, the only issue is the locking lugs for the magazine aren't there since the Grendel locks in on the front side of the mag, about 1/3 of the way from the top, where the PMR30 mag locks up at the bottom on the back side. This should be a relatively easy fix. I just need to glue 2 tabs onto the PMR30 mag to engage the mag catch. :)

I know this is an obscure gun in terms of popularity, but Ive always thought they were pretty neat, but super hard to buy parts for since Grendel folded up. Mags for these can run from $75 to $100 a piece from what Ive seen. Some cheap mags would be a great thing. :)

rkabusa

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2012
    Hey thanks for posting I have a Grendal p 30 and the mag mest up I am needing a Follower, bottom and plate, maybe I can save some money and get the parts from a pmr30 mag.I bought a new mag at 107 shipped but that shure hurts .

emptyjetpack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    I figured this out yesterday and did a search to see if anyone else had.
    my solution is to cut out a piece of 1/8" poly carbonate and then bend it just so, it inserts into the empty space in the mag well and clips to the place where the guide rails end, the inside end of the insert curves back and out to make a hook kinda like a rugermk11. the nice thing about this method is you can use unaltered pmr mags or grendel mags and there is no permanent mods to the grendel.

when I get around to drawing a plan I will post it so youall can make your own.

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Clay, in regards to a PMR30, I recently was able to pick up a NIB one from a guy I know for $400.00 (no sales tax or papers, sounded like a win, win to me) I took it down to my youngest son's place so we could try it out, THIS GUN IS A BLAST!! So much fun , I had a couple of boxes of the Hornady 30 gr. v-maxs to try, it ate them up like it was candy! We had no FTF's and the accuracy was very good, my son's was a lot better than mine (younger eyes and a steadier hand)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom