• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    I've been looking into 1911's for the wife recently and came across this one for her "STARTER" 1911...... ATI GSG-1911CA in .22LR

Anyone have experience with this particular weapon?? I found one NIB for around $310....... good price?

Come on now..... Looking for some feedback here...... I can see that there have been views but no responses...

Last edited:

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    I have a GSG 1911. 345 rounds thus far. Fit and finish are good and it has been reliable. Even with CCI standard velocity ammo. It will be a sweet gun with my suppressor on it.

Trigger is just decent, but no worse or better than I expected. It is getting better with use.

$310 is a good price. Mine was $312 shipped with transfer fees.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The one I'm looking at comes with a threaded barrel and 3 mags for $310...... I thought it was a pretty good deal

where at?

I just picked up an AA kit for my Glock or I might have contemplated one of these. I really wanted it to train cheaply on the same exact system, but for $310 and 3 mags I might have considered the GSG.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I think gglass here is well over 10,000 rounds down the pipe on his, and I know I've well over 6000 through mine with the only problem being the original bushing shattering on me. No problems since installing the replacement part.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I think gglass here is well over 10,000 rounds down the pipe on his, and I know I've well over 6000 through mine with the only problem being the original bushing shattering on me. No problems since installing the replacement part.

Thanks for the shout out.

My GSG1911 just went over 18K rounds today, and this was in just 13 months. The actual count is 18,347 rounds fired, and there have been a few hiccups on the way. As you might guess, there can be some fatigue on various parts when you get into such high round counts.

Hiccups since 9/12/2010 purchase:
    • Broken Barrel Bushing - This was a known issue with the early GSG's and was fixed with a steel bushing for free from ATI.
    • Broken Firing Pin - The firing pin broke at nearly 10k rounds from fatigue. ATI replaced it for free.
    • Barrel Retention Threads Stripped: So many cleanings and over-torque by me stripped the threads. The barrel itself was in great shape, but it was replaced for free by ATI as it needs the threads to lock it in place.

Today my GSG is running like a champ and is still as accurate as day one.

gsgroundcount1011.gif

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Sounds like a good deal to me. I would just get a 1911 in 45 then get a conversion kit for 22. Two guns in one lol.

Why would you spend that kind of money on something that only temporarily modifies one toy...when for a few bucks more, you can get a whole 'nother toy??

Top Bottom