• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bersalover

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    after spending days building my wish list it just occured to me that some guns are nice to collect, but my goal is to build a carry base of 9mm guns with a decocking mechanism. Mainly for personal comfort ease of use. Now that I am on the correct path my fondness of the Bersa Thunder 9 came from this one item. Any recommendations on others that fit the profile?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Taurus PT-92, PT-809 and other 9's.

I've owned the 92 and liked it very much, have the 809 right now and is my EDC, decocker/safety on both and the 809 is 17+1 rounds.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    FNP9, nice features and decent price, can be had for around $450.

You get a DA/SA pistol with stainless steel slide, interchangeable backstrap, accessory rail, ambidextrous decocker, reversible magazine release button, loaded chamber indicator, three dot combat sights. Quality fit and finish.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Most all Sigs except for P250, P290 (DAO) and a few 1911 style others. HK USP's.

You wont be disappointed.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    The only type of decocker I personally like is one that doesn't also apply the safety at the same time. One example is the Ruger "P"-series with the "DC" at the end of the model name. Some Tauruses fall into this category and so do some Sig Sauers.

Thus after using the decocker you can still fire with a DA trigger pull, without having to take off the safety.

Examples of this other type are S&W Gen III's, Bersa, Walthers. The other problem I have is that the safeties/decockers "go up" to take off the safety. It's an unnatural motion and it's the main reason I sold my Gen III.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    On the subject of decockers users should always keep this firmly in mind - there have been a number of cases of persons using a decocker to drop the hammer on a loaded pistol and had a ND. Most of these (believe it or not) have been LEO personnel. At least one case in New York City involved an officer decocking his pistol while covering a handcuffed suspect and shot him. Imagine defending yourself in court on that. ALWAYS EXPECT the gun to fire when decocking (or just lowering the hammer) and make sure the muzzle is not on anything you care about. Hopefully you will never see this happen but like I said always consider the possibility. This is the main reason I don't personally care for the idea of a decockers. One second of inattention can have dire consequences. Relying on a mechanical safety is bad enough without relying on one while dropping a hammer. Most people that have seen this did not believe it was possible until it happened to them.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom