• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ks23321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Was offered to buy a bersa .380 from my buddy for $150. Good buy? I was originally looking for a pocket pistol and was looking at the .380's but when he offered to sell me his i kinda took interest at the price. Any feedback on these guns would be nice!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Good, solid and reliable. I have never had a failure with mine in range shooting. Mine seems to be particularly accurate. They are, of course, somewhat large compared to current pocket .380s but are very shootable, great for newer shooters.

Mags can be a little pricey but at $150 I would not care.

ks23321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, He said its in very good condition and only fired about 70 rounds through it, he didnt know if it was the cc model or what, but i prefer the cc...I think whichever model it is ill still purchase it though for that price

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Go ahead and grab it. If you decide you don't like it for some reason down the line, you can easily get your investment back. Post pics when you get it.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    My wife had one a while back and aside from it being a bit picky on ammo, it was a great gun. Maybe the double stack caused the issue???

Sounds like you had the Thunder 380 Plus. The regular Thunder 380 is single stack.

Yep, ill be getting it, I just wish it were a little smaller to carry in my front pocket. Anyone tried it as far as pocket carry???

It will only work with large pockets- jeans & cargo pants. Not the best for that role. There are other 380s (Keltec P3AT, Ruger LCP, etc) that are smaller and can fit any pocket. That said, the larger size of the Bersa makes it easier and more accurate to shoot. It's a trade-off.

Edit- I'm assuming this is a regular Thunder 380. The 380CC will be better for pocket carry, but I have no experience with it.

Last edited:

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I've got a Bersa model 383 .380, the thing is a tank, shoots well, and is just comfortable; unfortunately it's not the thinnest girl on the block.. I have Pocket carried the 383, but I don't recommend it. having said that the newer thunder models seem to be slimmer, so.... YMMV.

Regardless for that price buy it, it is a no-brainer. :D

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    It's a great price and a great gun. My bride has the .380CC Never had any problems with it and fits in her purse nicely. As stated already, a little big for "pocket" carry but CAN be done :) :ar15::ar15:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Yeah, He said its in very good condition and only fired about 70 rounds through it, he didnt know if it was the cc model or what, but i prefer the cc...I think whichever model it is ill still purchase it though for that price

Remember the CC model is magazine specific. Bersa states the standard 7 & 9 round Thunder mags may not be used in place of the 8 round CC mag

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Good Buy

I have a Bersa Thunder 380, which I bought new in 2007.
    I have lost track of how many rounds it has through it. Not
    one problem - never. Get customer service, if you would need it.
    Not the smallest to conceal, but it can be done.
    Accurate for what it is, and VERY RELIABLE.
    I like buying new myself. New for around $259 where I live.

qualitytym

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Porter County
    DO NOT BUY!! Absolute worst gun ever made, you will regret buying it.
    Can I have the sellers contact info. so I can take this evil weapon off the market?

Top Bottom