• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I like my Glock because every time I squeeze the trigger, it makes a loud noise and puts a hole in what I aimed it at.

I like my XD because every time I squeeze the trigger, it makes a loud noise and puts a hole in what I aimed it at.

And that is my opinion and I will stick to it.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I sold my Glock 26 and purchased a Taurus 24/7 Pro. The Glock ate everything, but the Taurus will jam on some of the cheap ammo that has a sticky residue. The Glock has no external safety except for the trigger safety. Over time I became nervous about shoving my Glock into a soft holster. Began to wonder if a fold in the holster or a flap of my shirt would hang up on the trigger causing a negligent discharge. The XD has the grip safety, which eliminates that concern. But I do not like a grip safety. It means I cannot fire with a weak grip, which could happen in an emergency—injured hand, unable to grip the weapon properly.

I also found I was far more accurate with my Taurus than I was with the Glock. It may just have been the difference in size (subcompact Glock 26 and compact Taurus 24/7) gave me a better grip, or it may have been the sights on the Glock were off a bit—I had Trijicon night sights installed at Midwest (Mishawaka) when I bought it—but what ever the reason, my accuracy increased significantly with the Taurus.

Bottom line: I prefer the Taurus, but I would probably go with the XD over the Glock next time. That is a major change from when I first got my LTCH and started training with the G26. I really liked that pistol. Took me a long time to decide to move on to something better. Seriously, the Taurus is better—at least of the pieces I owned and fired.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    do you ever laugh? or do you just have to be right all the time? But since you want to be a smart ass about it.

a Glock can be had with night sights for $400. I think your preferred piece of plastic is overpriced for what it is.

Springfield XDM 9mm Black 19+1 $549.00 SHIPS FREE

seems a bit pricey to me vs a Glock 17. to each his own.

Somehow, I have ticked you off. Not sure how. But I paid $400 for my XD9 and $475 for my Glock 19. Both new. But neither has night sights. I filled out a 4473 for each. I think both are good values.

I like them both. I really like them both.

I will endeavor to laugh every now and again. When I am right though, I am right. Sorry if you don't like it.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    These stupid threads are a waste of time and bandwidth. If I were mod for a day Id end all silliness like this.

Top Bottom