• ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I do a lot of transfers and have noticed I hardly ever see a Glock pass thru anymore; the most popular polymers seem to be the XD’s and Sigs. I used to get a couple Glock a week and I don’t believe I’ve seen two in the past three months. Anyone else notice this trend?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I don't know if they have "fallen out" so much as there are simply more options. Poly guns used to be "special", but everyone makes them now. Some are quite a bit cheaper than the Glocks, too.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I rather an XD or M&P over a glock, but I've seen a few key members on INGO move away from glock to XD or M&P

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    Glock, the #1 owned and issued semi-auto pistol in North America
    and most of the civilized world. There are a lot of copies of the leader.

:ingo::patriot:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    transfer?

maybe we're smart enough to buy them used, since they last forever.

Out of the last 15 or so glocks I've owned, only 3 were new. A G34 at 21st a couple years ago, a G35 with a GSSF discount and a G23 at Bradis.

Other than that, I get them here in the classifieds cheap... but they don't last long so you gotta be quick!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I rather an XD or M&P over a glock, but I've seen a few key members on INGO move away from glock to XD or M&P

ROFL, did you really just say that? Does being an INGO mod enhance ones skills on the range or Friday Night Steel?

Said it before, and I'll say it again, you get Shooter521 to convert and I'll listen.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    The local shop I frequent has a consistent group at the Glock section, and the Sigs seem very jealous. I'm not sure, but my first handgun was a G17, and nothing that i've owned has come close (save the G19). I think they are just everywhere now. Like Honda Civics. Or Milk. Levi's jeans. They don't need to advertize - you know they are at the store, and you can just wait for a sale.

If the P30 LEM coming from blamta claus is not as good for me as my G17 then I can stop looking at other 9mm handguns. The others just don't do it.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't know why you're not doing more transfers OP.

Maybe it because everyone has a glock already?

They should be as common as any other household item. Like blenders or George Forman grills.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    How much are you charging for transfers?

I'd have to agree with the school of thought that there's more options out there now in the plastic gun world. I just picked up an XD 45 4" with thumb safety for $400 on gunbroker and so far I've been amazed at how much more reliable and accurate it's been than my G20SF. The glocks are good, but they've got some competition in todays world.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    ROFL, did you really just say that? Does being an INGO mod enhance ones skills on the range or Friday Night Steel?

Said it before, and I'll say it again, you get Shooter521 to convert and I'll listen.

I've seen him shoot at FNS. And he knows A LOT about firearms. There's a reason why he's a glock guy and not a M&P guy.

I dunno what that reason is though.

Top Bottom