• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • linc_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    I have had the itch for a while for a subcompact or compact (9mm) to back up my primary.... so i research my options and fight of the urge to get a Sig p238 because it is a .380 although i think they are very sharp!! i later decide to call the local gun shop to see if they have a Glock 26 on hand and that i would be there to pick it up in a bit.... i roll in there about 30 min later to pick up my new piece and look around a bit like any other normal gun nut would do !! as im fondling my soon to be new Glock 26 (first glock) all kinds of happy the shop owner come from the back lays this little filly on me http://www.onpointsupply.com/images/sig_sauer_p238_equinox_14.jpg he knows that i have been fighting this thing off for a while but i give in and switch her out with the glock :dunno: . I was tore over this decision but i later learned that i LOVE this little pistol even though its a .380 im impressed !!
    I hate decisions like that but i still see a G26 in the future :):

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Gotta go with what your gut tells you sometimes ;)

I am a Glock guy. Love my Glocks and don't see myself ever changing, but I do own plenty of other handguns that are not Glocks. The p238 is a sweet little gun! Congrats on the purchase! I am sure you wont regret it, just get the G26 down the road! :D

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    I like those little Sigs alot. They kind of remind me of mini EMPs. I didnt know they came with factory night sights. I have been looking at those for awhile. Right now its not really practical for me as I dont want to let one of my full size pistols go to fund it, but I think they are slick and that model Equinox may be the slickest Ive seen. Congrats again

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I know the feeling OP. I recently sold off my LCP to wait on the Beretta Nano 9mm to come out. Sold off all my 380 ammo with the LCP to consolidate calibers as well. I loved the LCP but didn't have the luxury to keep it and get the Beretta.

So...while I wait for the Beretta's to begin to appear, I start looking hard at the Sig P238 as well. It fit my hand perfectly and honestly I've never read anything negative about them except that they are a little pricey. Had myself convinced and starting collecting the difference in funds from the Beretta to the Sig, but then since that saving was slow to grow found a 9mm Nano and pulled the trigger on purchasing it. I feel the Sig is still on my short list regardless of the caliber. Seems like a cool little gun and until this week, I've never seen any in the INGO classifieds which is a great sign. I think you did the right thing going with your gut.

I have a G27 so I know you'll eventually love the G26 as well, but it should be around when you're looking again...

Congrats on the Sig :koolaid:. I've heard it's addictive.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Warning to all you guys...

Don't click on that link to the pic of the Sig.
    You will get drool on your keyboard.
    Don't ask me how I know.

Beautiful little pistol.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    My Dad just purchased one, the stainless SAS model.
    While I haven't shot it, I did the hands on thing.

In my opinion, they are a work of art.
    Reading on the web, they have great reviews.

Numerous models currently have rebates offered to help offset the cost.

On a side note, E-bay has some wicked choice aftermarket grips to fit the p238.

linc_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Warning to all you guys...

Don't click on that link to the pic of the Sig.
    You will get drool on your keyboard.
    Don't ask me how I know.

Beautiful little pistol.

haha thats funny you had me going for a few seconds !!
    but she is prettier in person !!
    another WARNING do not fondle one at the gun store if you dont intend to purchase !! lol
    or on lock down from the wife !! :D

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    My wife loves her P238 in Rainbow Titanium. It is a little foo-foo for my taste, but I absolutely love the way it shoots.

My wife's foo-foo gun & foo-foo knife:
    p238rainbow.jpg

I know that you will enjoy your P238 as much as my wife loves hers.

Last edited:

canamscott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    LaGrange County
    I have been drooling over a p238 for about six weeks. I can't wait to hear a range report. I am hoping this December to get to Midwest and see if they have one to rent.

linc_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    i took her to the backyard range today and i now understand what all of the others have been talking about when they say its a sweet shooter !!

after about 50 rounds i was crankin bowling pins from 30 yards out !!
    i didnt have any paper targets at the time so i couldn't really measure groups but i will next time.

dpbstevens

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Akron
    its always good to hear about people getting a gun they like and for me im a sig guy so the more of them that get bought the happier it makes me not knocking glocks just not my cup of tea i guess at least not yet. who knows what the future holds

Top Bottom