• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rdhinshaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Noblesville
    Thinking of getting a Springfirld Armory XD .45 Compact. As of now i have a Glock 27 and love it. The XD has interested me for a while. I have a Springfield 1911-A1 and am wanting someting will a little more capasity. Been reading up on the new compact that XD has and would like a little feed back if anyone has on XD.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Before I got married I had a regular 4" XD 45. It was a completely reliable gun and pretty accurate. I shoot at a range that has steel plates and I was able to hit pieces of steel the size of a sheet of paper at 100 yards with a 4" 45 just standing there and pulling the trigger. I didn't hit it everytime, but I hit it enough to know I should be very impressed with the gun. I ended up selling that gun years ago when I got married so my wife could handle a 9mm better.

Now, years later again I just picked up a 4" XD 45 with a thumb safety. Just as reliable and just as accurate as the first one I had, but with the addition of the thumb safety which I love. I wanted to buy an XD 45 compact, but I also wanted the thumb safety. They don't make a compact with the thumb safety so I bought this particular gun to have the grip chopped to make it into a compact model.

So to answer your question, XD 45's are good to go.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I have an XD 45 compact... I love it...

I have put at least 2,000 rounds through mine, and the only issues I have had I considered ammunition problems (squid rounds, etc).

I really don't have anything bad to say about it...

Note: the new XDm .45 3.8" compact is now shipping....

Last edited:

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Have one with 4" bbl. Absolutely love it. The trigger is not to bad either. Real good shooter also.

Only bad thing to say about the XD's is that I've heard, with no experience they don't handle LSWC bullets, but can shoot lead where as Glock's can't, if your a reloader.

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I have an XD 45 C also. It's my EDC in a CB ST. Great gun. Accurate and fun to shoot. Have put approx 1,500 rds thru it and never one problem. It eats everything I feed it. Even my own reloads. Get one. You won't regret it.

Stryker Action

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    Just got in the new XDm-45 compact in stainless today. looks and feels awesome. great pistols. Gonna make someone a great gun. Go for the XDm

rdhinshaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Noblesville
    yeah i was looking at the XDm .45 also but its eather a compact with 3.8 barrle or full size. if they had the XDm in the compact grip with the full size barrle i would def. get that.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    If you have the money, get an XDm .45 it will have a match grade barrel and won't require you to pull the trigger during disassembly. I have 2 friends who have both somehow managed to shoot themselves while breaking down their gun because they assumed it would not fire while the take-down lever was in the up position.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    I have an XD .45 Compact as my EDC that I purchased in 2010. Love this gun. As easy to shoot and carry as a G19. My son was so impressed with mine, he bought one this year.

jdg0724

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Plainfield
    I own and carry a XD 45 Compact on a regular basis. It is one of my favorite carry guns due to its 100% reliability, ergonomics, and versatility. The XD's just seem to shoot real well and are very reliable. I also own a XD SubCompact 9 that I carry as well. I dont think you could go wrong with the XD45 Compact.

Top Bottom