• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chipperej

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Boone County Indiana
    I just knew I needed a 1911 to round out my collection. I was looking around for the Ruger SR1911, but they are on allocation. I found a Springfield Armory 1911A1 Loaded Target model and I really like it. Stainless steel model, finish is beautiful, and it shoots like a dream. I'm no shooter, but I put 3-1/2 " groups of 5 at 50 feet right out of the box. Really enjoyable to shoot. Light speed trigger, delta hollowed out hammer, adjustable sights, extended beavertail grip safety.

YoungBlood21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Greenfield
    Sweet man, I would really like to get a 1911 sometime in the near future but haven't really decided what I want I.E. size and if I want one with G.I. sights or something else.

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    I got my first one not too long ago. I now have a taurus and a springfield loaded. They both shoot great. I have been raised in the era of polymer but i have come to realize nothing beats the classics.

Upload some pics if u can

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I gave away the first 1911* I owned. Owned it for less than 24hrs and just gave it away.

Now for the rest of the story.

This year, I won a Chiappa 1911 in .22Lr (*not a real 1911 in my book), in the sponsors drawing at the Friends of the NRA banquet in Tippecanoe co.
    Little brother #1 hit the jackpot, and won the "Collection with protection" drawing, winning 6 firearms and a 24 gun fire-safe by stack-on. I bought his ticket for the drawing, and he didn't even realize he had a chance at it!
    Brother #1 was sooo grateful for my buying his ticket that he presented me with one of his winnings. I went home with a brand new Weatherby SA08 12ga. semi-auto shotgun!
    Brother #2 sat at the table and watched, but didn't win a thing. I felt bad for him, I already have a .22Lr handgun, I have more firearms than him, and he is my business partner to boot. I ended up giving my first and only 1911* to brother #2.

Edit: There is NOTHING wrong with a Chiappa 1911, and brother #2 absolutely loves it. I just wanted to spread the good-will around.

One day I'll have a 1911 for myself, but it will be a REAL one!

Last edited:

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have a Springfield Mil-Spec (1911A1)...which is the bare-bones Springfield. I LOVE it...You're going to LOVE yours! Congrats!!!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I just knew I needed a 1911 to round out my collection. I was looking around for the Ruger SR1911, but they are on allocation. I found a Springfield Armory 1911A1 Loaded Target model and I really like it. Stainless steel model, finish is beautiful, and it shoots like a dream. I'm no shooter, but I put 3-1/2 " groups of 5 at 50 feet right out of the box. Really enjoyable to shoot. Light speed trigger, delta hollowed out hammer, adjustable sights, extended beavertail grip safety.

We need to make a new rule about posting pics of new guns. I get fired up when someone gets a new gun (especially a 1911), only to find there is no picture. :D

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County

<------ Jealous! I want a 1911 so bad. Just don't have the cash for a good one yet!

Top Bottom