• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I have found THE 1911 ive been looking for...in unfired condition (1year old) with an idiot mark/new guy scratch. What % would you drop off the cost on an offer...if say asking price is 500 bucks from a dealer?

If you dont feel comfortable posting this, pm is open :)

Thanks,
    TT

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I think I paid $425 for my Para-Ord GI Expert used, with box, paperwork, 2 magazines and fobus holster. It had some holster wear, but was shot very little. So litle in fact, that the coating hadn't even been worn off the feed ramp. I fixed that in short order though. :)

bud1976

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    Although not the best brand it should function fine if the fit is good, it is still a 1911.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Its also known as american classic. Imported by eagle imports. Sold with bersas. Made in the philipines.

Guys asking 499. Gonna offer 425 though i expect him to say no or bump to 450. It not a deep gouge, so i may be able to make him drop it as in the future i may have to have it refinished...better to start lower than what you look to pay right?

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    I would never buy a Metro Arms 1911. Not ever. Its one of only a few 1911 brands that I would bypass 100% of the time.

To each their own :)

Instead of getting defensive about your choice I would take the advice of the experienced, seasoned and knowledgeable gun owners on this board. Some of these guys have been here, done that, and are just trying to help you out so you dont buy a dog turd.

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    Instead of getting defensive about your choice I would take the advice of the experienced, seasoned and knowledgeable gun owners on this board. Some of these guys have been here, done that, and are just trying to help you out so you dont buy a dog turd.

Defensive? He said "To each their own". Even threw a smiley on there. That's about as non-defensive as you can get. "____ you, I didn't ask for recommendations" is defensive. Dude found THE gun he's looking for and is asking about pricing. He politely declined advice contrary to the brand, and is clearly set on it so quit hammering him with your opinion on his choice of models.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    you can get the same thing brand new from here for less....i would bet there made by Armscor.....

Centerfire Systems - 1911

RIA/Armscorps and Metro Arms are two different companies in 2 different plants. The significant difference is a forged frame-slide vs cast. Both use MIM internals (which I will use until they fail after a detail strip)

I've checked out cfs and am trying to stay local.

For whomever said they'd stay away...why wont you own one? The brand? The rollmark? Are the parts out of spec? I really don't like just hearing "buyer beware" with no supportive info?

I've debated on this or an RIA gov't. This far surpasses the RIA in fit and finish. Also has novak cuts on the slide which i dont need to have milled. While the RIA may be cheaper, the MA is a better value as the fit/finish are better and its fitted with all the accoutrement that I would have done. And its a 4.25 barrel with a bushing (dont like bushingless...just the looks)

I am not, nor have I ever meant to be disrespectful, just trying to find out why you wouldnt have one?

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Its also known as american classic. Imported by eagle imports. Sold with bersas. Made in the philipines.

Guys asking 499. Gonna offer 425 though i expect him to say no or bump to 450. It not a deep gouge, so i may be able to make him drop it as in the future i may have to have it refinished...better to start lower than what you look to pay right?

I would say 75 off might be a stretch, get the dealer to move as much as possible and if you are happy with the final price, go for it. If you are seriously considering having the gun refinished, I would stay away from it and buy a new one, refinshing is not cheap. If the gun is going to be a shooter, then a mark won't have any effect on performance.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Yeah. I dont want to get it refinished. Just dont want to pay sticker price :)

It's been there a bit, and people havent bought it because of the scratch Im thinking. 450 is what I look at paying. I will probly just offer 450 as its 10% and he told me he took it on trade...so he should still be making money.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Have you checked glock talks' 1911 subforum and asked about the brand there?

They have some of the most knowledgeable people in regards to 1911's and different brands around.

Personally for that money you may want to look at a used Springfield or something like that. Either way good luck and I hope you get what you want.

forthehousew

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    indy
    this is the year to but a 1911, I try to stay with the better known names but as long as the frame and slide are good you can replace almost all the other parts yourself if needed. Might check with a gunsmith to see what they say.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I'm buying tomorrow more than likely. Spoke with 3 other dealers and 2 said no issues or warranty returns in 2 years.

Thanks for all the input! I looked at a few on gumbrokerblisted NIB, and 1 also had a similar light scratch...perhaps during final assembly. Hard to pass it up. Haven't heard of any majpr issues, besides a mag catch issue. I'm trashing the magazine more than likely anway.

Top Bottom