• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Shot the XD9 again today. Seems like I'm drawn to cold days with precip. Anyway, towards the end I had one magazine that would only partially chamber the last round and I'd have to manually move the slide to advance it in. Happened three times in a row. Is that common issue? Is it a spring tension issue? This particular magazine is kept empty when not at the range.

The p22 worked much better after a good cleaning and lube job. It really didn't look dirty before hand but maybe it just needed the lube. The CCI stingers worked much better than sunsonics too. Go figure.

I am also realizing that bullseye shooting gets a tad boring. Might be time to join MCF&G!

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'll go with the spring most likely but.....It can be a mag compressed slightly on one side. I've had two do that. It was caused by carrying as spare mags in a Galco double mag pouch. And make sure the follower is free and sitting flush when empty.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    OP:

This is the standard XD9 and not the 9sc, correct?

In either case, be wary of your grip. Be sure that you're not exerting too much pressure on the mag base plate that could cause alignment issues.

Also be sure that you're not squeezing the grip too hard, you could be flexing things to the point of causing alignment issues.

Granted, if it's the FS model, base plate movement probably isn't a big issue. It certainly can be on compact / sub compact pistols where one is using extended base plates or extensions.

Also, on a substantial frame like the XD, goofy pressures on the grip making the mag do goofy things is also rather low on the totem pole. (I had issues of this regard with my Kahr CW-40, actually, which is the only reason I bring it up now).

So...two small things to look into if swapping out mag springs / mags doesn't cure what ails you.

-J-

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    My wife had a similar issue with her Kahr PM40. While it could be the spring, pressure on the base plate of the mag can also cause the round to misalign and not feed properly.

I'd start out with adjusting your grip, making it a bit looser. After that, I might mess with the mag spring.

Top Bottom