• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    My dad has the Glock 22 gen 3 with the Fish gill serrations and the RTF 2 frame. I absolutely love this grip and it feels better than any other Glock I've held. My question is was this exclusive to the G22? Or were there versions like this across the entire model range? Are these considered hard to find?

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I have a G19 RTF2... Most were "blue labeled" (sold to LEO's/agencies). My 19 is Austrian-made and has the straight serrations. I think it's pretty rare (as Glocks go). The RTF2 does feel great, but it apparently was rough on clothing when used as a duty weapon.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    They are a little harder to find than a standard Gen 3 or Gen 4 Glock, but they are not impossible to find. I still occassionally see them at local shops and they are usually at a pretty good price. I know in my latest CDNN ad they had the G22 RTF model for $439. I would check with your local shops and see if they will order you one.

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    They made them in the G19 and 17 (9mm) and in G23 and 22 (.40 S&W).
    They were developed (according to my Glock Armorer's Course instructor, anyway) with military and aquatic law enforcement in mind for additional traction when wet.
    I have fired the G22 RFT2. After 100 rounds, there was no blood, but my hands felt like they had just slapped Chuck Norris. I did not obviously, as I am still alive to write this.
    A lot of police departments that tested these sent them back complaining that the grip texture is so aggressive that it was shredding uniform shirts. I can believe this. I can't imagine trying to CC one under say, a t-shirt.
    The Gen4 Grip kind of took the RTF2 idea and ran with it, but in a much more refined and less aggressive way.
    I love the grip on my Gen4 G23... :twocents:

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I have a 17 RTF2 with gills. Love it at the range or OC, but for CC it does rub the skin like sandpaper. I just ignore it when I carry it. Usually have the 19 on me anyways.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Sold my G22RTF to my father. He loves it. Fired 500 rounds during a Combat Focus Shooting course one day. Had one heck of a blister and switched out my lower with my Glock 24 for the second day of the course.
    Great grip and are now becoming collector items. Just did not like it for every day carry.

Top Bottom