• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I had posted earlier in the week that I had bought two Taurus model 82's from the 1970's. One fired flawlessly, and the second had a couple of light primer strike failures to fire out of a box of 50 reloads. I have never had any problems with my reloads failing to fire other than with this revolver. Both rounds fired on the second attempt. I am not a gunsmith (obviously, or I wouldn't be posting this here), and I am a little leary of disassembling the revolver inner workings. On Youtube, there is a video of someone disassembling a S&W model 10, which is practically the same revolver. I am considering having a gunsmith disassemble and clean it real well. I would like to put some replacement grips on one of them, and keep one original. Any thoughts on the light primer strike issue?

picture.php

agentcolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    City with a Heart
    light primer strikes

Does the double action trigger pull feel lighter on the revolver that misfires? If it does , I would think a new main spring would fix your problem. Some of the early Taurus revolvers had an adjustable main spring bushing.If you remove the grips you can see if yours can be adjusted for more tension
    You may also look at how far the firing pin protrudes through the frame. compared to the one that works okay.
    You can get a spring kit here:Springs for TAURUS Revolvers
    Your Taurus will have a coil spring. The S & W model 10 has a leaf spring, so the video on youtube is of little help.S & W J frames will have a coil spring that would be similar to Taurus.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Ya, I'd think it was a coil spring that is worn out, but a cleaning might do the job also... as there may be some corrosion on a moving surface some where slowing the whole process up.

Top Bottom