• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    The title says it all. Is there a clearinghouse for scrapped gun parts?

This is related to my Ruger GP100 issue. I'm looking for anyone that might have a junked or non-firing Ruger GP100 that they wouldn't mind breaking up for parts.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    384   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Ruger Parts?

Some parts (Hammers-Triggers etc.) are always sold out/out of stock.
    gunbrokers & auction arms

On GunBroker go to "Firearms Parts". I have seen often that they have guns that have been cut at the frame to make "Non-Firearms", that have many usable parts.

If you need hammers/triggers, you are pretty much SOL. The Ruger factory will NOT send these parts..They want your whole gun to fit the parts to..Ask me how I know???HA..Bill.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Some parts (Hammers-Triggers etc.) are always sold out/out of stock. .... The Ruger factory will NOT send these parts..They want your whole gun to fit the parts to..Ask me how I know???HA..Bill.

Yep. I'm looking for a Crane & Crane Pivot Assembly. It's listed out of stock but I'm hoping that they'll have it at some point.

I was informed about Ruger not selling/shipping certain parts ... even to gunsmiths. Shipping them the gun is the last thing I want to do. I have some really nice action work in the gun that I don't want them to undo. I wonder if they would replace the part I need if I stripped out the action parts and just sent them the frame and crane assembly?

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    Numrich's has alot of parts but make sure you get everthing you need on one order.I ordered a lever spring and a tang screw that was less than $20 and the shipping was almost $9 and it came in a padded envelope in the mail.The more people I talk to the more stories I hear about how they tear your head off on shipping.If I needed more parts for the same gun repair I would have really been mad.

Top Bottom