• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    Did this for .22 rifles and some of you posted about .22 handguns. They are also a lot of fun to shoot and great for just learning to shoot a handgun and also for practice. I carry one on many fishing trips. Fairly light and accurate. Extra ammo is easy to take along. And in a trained shooter's hand, you really wouldn't want to go up against one!!!
    I shoot mine frequently from my deck. There are a variety of swinger targets about 40 yards away, to shoot at. Love it!
    Here are few of my favorites:
    2 High Standard Citations and a Field King.
    3highStandards-1.jpg

Smith & Wesson model 43 which is an airweight kit gun
    model43-1.jpg
    I also have a 6 1/2 inch AMT Lightening, Rossi stainless 4 incher, Charter Arms Pathfinder, Iver Johnson Young America with 7 inch octagon barrel. High Standard Hombre nickle plated 9 shot revolver. I think that is about it right now....John:popcorn:

Last edited:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I think plinking at the 75 and 100 yard gongs at MCFG with my GSG1911 .22LR is really one of the most fun things I do on a regular basis. It just brings a smile to my face. Screwing a suppressor on it allows me to shoot in my backyard, which just adds to the fun!

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    My only .22 pistol is a P22, but i love it. I can spend tons of time shooting for basically nothing.

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Absolutely crazy about my Ruger Mk III Target. Especially now that I have a bunch of mags for it. Like Rockhopper said, it's a blast to hit steel with it at 100 yards.

dcahsr23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    i shoot them when i can thats why im looking to get one in revolver. right now for the money im looking at an older H&R 22lr da or a heritage 22lr/mag combo. any thoughts of these or similar in the price range other than NAA? Would prefer a double action.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have a S&W22A and an old- no name .22 revolver. The S&W went back to Maine 3 times before it was fixed, but I have run about 1000 rounds downrange and it seems to be holding up. The revolver I bought for my step daughter, you point it and pull the trigger and it goes bang.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Regularly shoot a MKIII, MKII 22/45, Colt Woodsman, and High Standard. All are a blast to shoot, and I can afford it. MK series pistols get the most use though. Everyone should have at least one.

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    I didn't really much care for handguns until I got to do a day of plinking with another INGOers MK-III, tons of fun and cheap to shoot.

Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    MK II Slabside Competition. Love it. Just like everone else said, they are fun to shoot and doesn't cost you an arm and left testicle.
    I bought an Air Arms TX 200 pellet riffle to be able to do some shooting in town (40 yard range into a bank in my back yard) but now I have heard about the CCI Silent .22 ammo that is supposed to about as quiet as my pellet gun. If so, I will be enjoying my MK II a lot more.

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I like to shoot my colt officers model with a 22 conversion top end. It is a commander size slide & I have had zero problems (if I keep it clean...).

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Just picked up a Ruger MkIII Hunter as a Christmas gift to myself ...and a box of 525 Federal as a stocking stuffer. Looking forward to many years of affordable range time! :yesway:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why are you sending Smith revolvers to Maine? Is this some kind of gunsmithy that I do not know about?

We love our .22s

My latest Smith M17 at Lafayette gun show

A custom .22lr 1911 build by Coal Creek Armory in Knoxville, TN

Various .22s of Kirk (Ruger Single Six, Stoeger .22 Luger, Smith M63. Center row: Smith M17, Smith M17, Smith M18, Colt Trooper III in .22lr. Right row: Ruger 22/45X4, bottom one has Gemtech suppressor).

Major gun show scores (if only there were deals at gun shows) a Smith K-22 from 1946 (low 3 digit number) and a Colt .22WRF revolver.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The first firearm I shot was a .22LR revolver Smith and Wesson, forgot the model.
    It's great to teach new shooters the basics (sight picture and trigger pull without getting bothered by the recoil) until they can go up in the caliber line.
    And not so new shooters can still have lots of fun for cheap.
    Great value guns and a must have for any shooter.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Another one with a Ruger MkIII 22/45. Love to shoot it, hate to disassemble/reassemble it.

Top Bottom