Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Finished of 2011 the right way :D
    Picked this up on Saturday.

naa.jpg

naa2.jpg

NAA Mini Revolver .22lr
    1 1/8" barrel

I have had my eye on one of these for a couple years now and have just never got around to getting one, been too busy buying other guns. Well, had a little extra cash laying around last week and decided to finally order one. I went ahead and got it with the holster grip. A little more to hold onto, and I like that it covers the trigger when folded. This is more of a novelty piece than anything, which is the main reason I put off getting one for so long, but also could serve as a second BUG if need be.

Got to the range today to break her in. Only shot for 45 minutes because it was 20 degrees, windy, and snowing, but it was fun :D Anyway, I love this little gun. It was very fun to shoot.

Target around 7 to 10 yards away.
    naat.jpg

First time out with some pretty cold hands I was pretty impressed with the accuracy. Can't wait to get her back out again soon and get a little more familiar with it.

:ingo:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The pocket clip is interesting, can you carry it like that just like with a pocket knife?
    That could be a nice little compact backup piece.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Haha now THAT is the definition of Pocket Carry. That's cool, do you ever actually carry 22LR on you? I saw you made mention of a second BUG so I would assume you're entertaining the idea.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    :yesway:...you'll put them all in the red when you get the hang of it.....great pocket piece....mines a Mini MAG...mine is in my pocket everyday.....no bigger than a Buck 110 in your pocket...

S3010074.jpg

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The pocket clip is interesting, can you carry it like that just like with a pocket knife?
    That could be a nice little compact backup piece.

I tried it out unloaded and it stayed secure. Just have to make sure the hammer does not get caught on something to draw it back at all out of the safety notch and let it fall.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Haha now THAT is the definition of Pocket Carry. That's cool, do you ever actually carry 22LR on you? I saw you made mention of a second BUG so I would assume you're entertaining the idea.

As of now I have never actually carried a .22 on me. My main carry is a .40s&w with either .38 special or .32 as a backup. I could easily carry this as a third gun and not notice it, so I may consider it sometime.

Or on the rare instance when I am limited to a small gun for deep concealment for whatever reason, now I could have two instead of just one. :D

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    That's true. I hate to think I would ever need multiple CCW's, but I do consider it a possibility depending on the outfit for the day.

I do believe in the 22LR round's lethality however... Anybody who doesn't could be making a deadly mistake :)

fenderpbass

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Evansville
    A friend on mine carries one of those everyday in his pants pocket. Sometimes he forgets that it is there and goes in a place that does not allow firearms. Looks good.

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    I carry one of these with the 1 5/8 barrel. The pocket holster works great. I just clip it on the edge of pocket like a clip pocket knife. People who notice it, unless they own one, have no idea what it is. If you're worried about AD carry it for awhile with hammer down on empty cylinder. I did that for a while until i figured out it wasn't going to bite me.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    If you're worried about AD carry it for awhile with hammer down on empty cylinder.

why carry on a dead cylinder?.....there safety is a notch between the cylinders and you could throw in down on concrete and break it into pieces and it won't go off....

bud1976

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    I have had one of these go off when it fell on the floor. I was very sure it was on the safty notch. I would not trust it.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I have had one of these go off when it fell on the floor. I was very sure it was on the safty notch. I would not trust it.

Get to know the gun, you should be able to look down at the cylinder and see if the hammer is over a round. Practice dropping the hammer in a safety notch, as soon as you are confident, practice some more.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne

What exactly happened when it discharged?

Did a bullet leave the barrel, or did a round go off in the cylinder and seriously damage the firearm?

I am not doubting you, just curious as to what happened and what the result was.

If it was in the safety notch then the cylinder will not line up with the barrel so an AD while in the safety notch would cause some damage as the round would go off in the cylinder and the bullet would not line up with the barrel.

Top Bottom