• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I have wanted an M&P for awhile and when I saw this I had to have it. Can't wait to take it to the range.

DSC00073.jpg

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Sweet Pistol... I absolutely am glad of my purchase for a M&P. I'm not much of a fan of S&W semi's but they certainly built a winner with these pistols. Enjoy that fine piece and report back with a range report.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    What makes it a "Talo edition"? I have 2 M&P's a pro and a full size both in 9 and I LOVE them.

Talo is a distributor...they commission different gun manufacturers to produce limited models that are exclusive just for them. The Talo models usually have some kind of upgrade... engraving, nicer grips, laser, or a special color. Basically, something is different on the gun than the standard version/model.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    A Talo has a slide coated in Nickel Boron. It's 40% harder than chrome and needs little to no lubrication.

Aye. It is popular on Glocks, too. Some other brands that do the Nickel Boron coating: EXO / NIB-X / FailZero (NIB-X is supposedly members of FailZero that left FZ to start their own company).

Either way, you can google any of the four names (Talo/Exo/Nib-x/FailZero) and find many Nickel Boron coated goodness kinds of photos! The M&P looks GORGEOUS in that finish! Looks even better than XD's with it, and those used to take the cake for me.

@ BradsKnives, THANK YOU for clarification of my misconception. Being the fact they are Distributors not brandings of this finish...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Isn't the slide a little on the slippery side with that finish applied to it? I've shot a 1911 that had been NP3'd by Robar that was too slick to rack the slide under stress.

luckee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    NWI
    Nice, I've been eyeballing an M&P for some time now. I think the time has come for me to finally pull the trigger.

stmoore

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Indy
    That is a very nice gun. That Nickel Boron is great. I looked at the gun but it wasn't available, so I went with the standard 9 and the VTAC 9.

I also see you are doing some APEX work - nice work : )
    I was shocked on what just a sear replacement can do. I am excited to see what an entire carry kit does.

Let us know how that trigger kits works for you.

-S

also, APEX is releasing some new stuff this year at SHOT!

Top Bottom