• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Ive been given the go ahead on a 1911 within the next couple weeks, so I've been wanting a kimber in either a 4" or 5" flavor...what's a good holster/gun belt setup? I'm primarily an OC'er however I wouldn't mind a second setup that's IWB. No thumb straps for me...

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    The unde cover model 2010 from kirkpatrick leather. I have one for my 9mm M&P it works well either when iam cc or oc.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Ive been given the go ahead on a 1911 within the next couple weeks, so I've been wanting a kimber in either a 4" or 5" flavor...what's a good holster/gun belt setup? I'm primarily an OC'er however I wouldn't mind a second setup that's IWB. No thumb straps for me...

I like Bianchi's CarryLok holster. You press a lever to release the gun. There is no risk of a misfire (as far as I can tell). Now, that does leave you with two fingers on the grip as you draw, but I seem to be OK with that.

Model 82  CarryLok™ Hip Holster Bianchi Leather Holsters

Don't let the picture of the ugly gun fool you. They make a version for your beautiful 1911.

There was a thread on gun belts recently in the Accessories forum. Find a belt that matches your holster.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    a4b8d3c5.jpg

holster.jpg

Let me make it (or teach you)

I'm in the process of making my version of a milt sparks Summer Special 2. It's rumored to be the best IWB for a 5". After that I might make a crossbreed knockoff.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

If you want a flashy holster (rather than a plain jane), the place I would look is Brigade leather. When I get my S&W 1911 Sc Bobtail, that is the holster I am getting for it. With the suede lining.

IMG_7976.jpg

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I'm a plain kind of guy, but I like the dark brown holsters. I forgot one other important details that I didn't think about till now...it has to be a FBI 45 degree position holster.

PAPASHOT357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    NWI
    Minotaur MTAC iwb holster sold through CompTac.

Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster

Along with one of their kydex reinforced belts.

Gun Belts & Apparel - products new home - Kydex Reinforced Contour Belts

this is the set up i use for iwb carry everyday, the nice part is when you add velcro to the belt and use the velcro clips you can tuck in a dress shirt or any other and not tell you have it at all.

i know the request was for leather but this is atleast half........

plus for about $35 you can change the outer shell to just about any other handgun you choose. very good service and very fast.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    leather

Take a look AT lobo leather ON THE WEB .He is a member of the s&w FORUM and makes some great holsters & belts that have many options and won't brake the bank.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Galco cm219 (I'm left handed) is my favorite 1911 holster, its an open top. El paso saddlery sky six is next, it snaps and the slide is exposed (even with my EMP) but it rides really high. I have a maxtuck IWB which looks like a crossbreed but you can swap out the kydex to change pistols.

whiteman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    knee Deep In Mud
    If you want a flashy holster (rather than a plain jane), the place I would look is Brigade leather. When I get my S&W 1911 Sc Bobtail, that is the holster I am getting for it. With the suede lining.

IMG_7976.jpg

SEXY!!! I would like to get something like this for my S&W model 66 stainless. Love the old wheel guns and I want to carry it but cant find just the right holster.

Top Bottom