Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Building Bridges Between Ammo Forts

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Evilwrench View Post
    I finally found a place that had those hexolits for sale and ordered some. haven't fired one yet, though.
    Ok, what we need now are watermelons and cameras. You get the idea.

It is a moral imperative.

User Info Menu

Whirling Fan Blades of Death - My Gun Culture

Dang somebody beat me to it! At least I can post the link.

I'd just prefer some 00 buckshot myself. I'd worry about the "petals" under penetrating or even bouncing right off if somebody was wearing a jacket and the petals hit at the wrong angle.

User Info Menu

Also from the looks of it, you are giving up quite a bit of room that could be used for lead to plastic. I'm not as educated in shotgun ammunition as others here but I would imagine this round would probably have significantly less energy than pretty much any comparable buckshot or slug. Especially considering my previous statement if somebody is wearing a jacket to begin expansion prematurely and the petals make contact parallel with the skin.

User Info Menu

I dont know but 920j which i looked at other rounds and it is about 600ft-lbs of energy, seem to put it in line with 357 mag. i Would love to see some testing with this stuff. i have been thinking about a revolver, this might help me make a decision on which one.

User Info Menu

If I see some, I'll get it and test if. I had horrible results with the pdx rounds out of my judge (several ftf's and very inconsistent patterning).

Clear as Winter Ice

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by techres View Post
    Ok, what we need now are watermelons and cameras. You get the idea.

It is a moral imperative.
    Hey Techres - The only thing better than seeing what that will do from a Judge would be seeing what 15 of them will do from a Saiga 410.

I've got the Saiga...

Now who's got the ammo?, The watermelons? and the camera??

User Info Menu

110gr combined with losing quite a bit of energy when the plastic collapsed to expand the petals, makes me wonder just how effective they would be against anything but bare skin.
    I KILL THREADS

Building Bridges Between Ammo Forts

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ArmedProgrammer View Post
    Hey Techres - The only thing better than seeing what that will do from a Judge would be seeing what 15 of them will do from a Saiga 410.

I've got the Saiga...

Now who's got the ammo?, The watermelons? and the camera??
    Oh, my, my, my. I have images of sabo/spinning blades flying in the air in formation.

That would be awesome!

Master

User Info Menu

Have a look here - looks like the manufacturer of that ammo already started the party for us.... but they're just using a Judge...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb_1YmXBuQA[/ame]

Gratuitous destruction - it's what Saiga's are made for...

Expert

User Info Menu

Part of me thinks it would be mildly entertaining to see what these rounds might do to fresh fruit. This time of year, fresh fruit is so plentiful, and inexpensive, why not bust a few?

The other part of me fears the gullible uninitiated might accidentally take this as serious SD/HD research. If you do make a, "watermelon juice-o-blaster" video, please include an appropriate disclaimer.

Someone who would use a .410 for defensive purposes, and someone who believes the ninja-star-of-death round is a "game changa", are surely from the same camp.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast