• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    As much as it pains me to ask this, here's my issue.

Right now I've got a set of Trijicons on my G26. I really like the three horizontal dot sighting system over Glock's Dot & U stock system. I'd really like to stick with the three dot system.

The Trijicons that are on them right now yield the following results..

7 yards ---> POI ~3" left of POA

15-20 yards (back of indoor range) ---> POI is center of mass when holding on the right edge of a standard.

Again, not completely off so much that I can't compensate for it, but given it's a defensive/carry handgun, I'd like to find a way to get the sights to be DEAD ON.

So I figure the only way to truly do this is to get an adjustable rear sight. And also since it's a defensive/carry handgun, I'd like night sights.

So! Does anyone have any recommendations on adjustable 3 dot night sights?

Let me here what you guys are running. I've been able to find little to nothing online. There are plenty of tritium rear, with a solid black rear blade, but like I said, I'd like to stick with 3 dot sights if they're out there somewhere.

Thanks for your help guys and gals! :ingo:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    YSITNG. ;)

You realize that your "fixed" rear sight IS windage-adjustable by drifting it with a punch or sight pusher, right?

IMO, fully adjustable (i.e. windage and elevation, with "click" adjustments) sights do not belong on a defensive/combat type pistol. They are subject to snagging or getting bumped out of alignment, and are more fragile in general.

That said, Meprolight does make a set of fully adjustable sights with tritium vials. I'm sure other companies do, as well.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Yes, those fixed sights are adjustable. If they have vials for light gathering, don't use a punch though, the vials may break. They make a special tool that allows them to be drift adjusted without hitting.

I think I have the meprolights with tritium vials. You don't want to drift adjust them with a punch either because they could break. I love mine because they are super bright in the day and super bright at night. I got them put on at a 1500.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I had a Glock that shot consistently to the left. I sold it. That's what I recommend or send it to Glock and see if they can re-register the sights. The fully adjustable night sights for a Glock are very tall, especially the front sight.

Top Bottom