• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    Well, I've managed to get all the parts ordered. (or at least committed to in the case of the upper.)

Ordered

• Adams Arms PDW 7.5" Elite Tactical Upper (Piston Driven FTW!) -- $890
    • Spikes Tactical Punisher Lower w/Color Fill -- $125
    • Spikes Tactical Enhanced Lower Parts Kit -- $169
    • Spikes Tactical Buffer / Spring -- $33 + $10
    • Rock River Arms Pistol Tube -- $25
    Parts I'll scrounge for.

• Receiver end plate (I have an extra one around here somewhere...)
    • Magazines (der)
    • Iron sights (I have an extra set of MBUS around too..)
    Waiting on Tax Refund.

• Eotech XP2 -- $440
    • Magpul AFG -- $25
    • Phase 5 Extended Bolt Release -- $45
    Will NEVER happen... unless I find one used/cheap

• Timney Skeletonized Trigger -- $250
    And since this thread would be useless without some pics... I'll throw in some stock photos for now, until I start gettings parts in / put together...

242a796f512e0bf83fec96f5ae86528a.jpg

LX25U.jpg

634459968169452055jixozeit.jpg

Last edited:

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    Tax Check came early! Ordered the Eotech and the AFG... Will wait on the rest... unfortunately the dealer I bought the Adams Arms upper off of didn't ship my order until yesterday evening... wont be here until Monday. By then, I'll have everything built though!

Oh, and Spikes Tactical ran out of tungston for their buffers.. will have that in a couple weeks, but I have a spare carbine buffer! Only thing I'm not sure about is my lower, which is coming USPS from Virginia...

If everything comes in by the weekend, I should be ready for testing Monday or Tuesday!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I could. But I'm not proud of the cost. The upper alone was more than most ARs. No one had them in stock, cheapest I could find in stock was $890....

Don't be shy. There are guys on here running $1,500 Noveske uppers. I think laying out the cost helps to de-mystify AR building.

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    Don't be shy. There are guys on here running $1,500 Noveske uppers. I think laying out the cost helps to de-mystify AR building.

Updated with pricing!

Some of my parts started showing up. I had hoped to have everything by the weekend. But some of the places I ordered from suck and don't ship parts until wednesday when you order on Saturday. I know my upper wont be here until monday. I haven't seen a tracking number from Spikes tactical on my parts kit yet. My buffer was backordered (they ran out of tungston powder), but they supposedly shipped everything else... I have another buffer here I can use.

Edit spikes lied... I got a buffer with my LPK Friday... Pics to come soon.

Last edited:

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    How hot is this? Hopefully taking it to the range tonight...

oIDjL.jpg

Better pics to follow probably tomorrow..

1.) That looks awesome... Really makes me want to start on my 9mm AR pistol to eventual SBR build...:ar15:

2.) From looking at your picture I just realized I can snap my PMAG covers on the bottom of the mag while in use... I had no idea and have lost a few of the covers because of that! :facepalm:

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    Quick before bed update / range report....

Awesome does not begin to describe it. It shot great, no issues at all. I threw about 120 rounds down range wih it tonight. I must say its quite loud though... Seriously, it rang my bell pretty good. Need to go double muff'd!!

Accuracy was hard to gauge since I was standing and my eyeballs were shaking, but I must say if I slowed down, I could easily keep it in a 2" circle at 15yds. (from standing/unsupported)

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    I had an 11.5 inch barrel AR15, and it was so loud I coulnt stand it, and it threw out a 12 inch flame frequently. I had to sell it.

It's seriously freaking loud. I'll just deal with it. Not like I'm not going to wear muffs with it to begin with... I could also double up if I get annoyed.

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    I really want to finish this build right, but I just can't justify spending the money yet... not until I get the rest of it paid off.. LOL

For the record, here are the parts I still want to add.

PWS CQB Comp
    p02Se.jpg

Phase 5 Tactical - Extended Bolt Release v2
    ImageHandler.ashx__22446_zoom.jpg

Phase 5 Tactical - Winter Trigger Guard (Why? Because it looks badass!)
    800_600_wtg1flatkapple.jpg

I also need to add a new end plate that has a single point mount on it, which is going to suck since I red loctite'd the crap out of that buffer tube... I also need to find a metal front sight I like. I already have an MBUS for the rear, but I'll want to mount the front on the gas block...

Top Bottom