• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    Wife wants a gun. Wife likes tight fitting clothes. :rockwoot:She doesnt like my .40s or .45s. I am thinking 9mm. I don't go for cheap guns so no high point. She likes my UC2 but it has to much recoil. My HK USP Compact is to long. So I was thinking maybe a P2000SK or something like that. Needs to be small without my print. I am calling on you ladies to help me out.

cswan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Howard County
    I agree with letting her feel several and maybe shoot a few. That is what i did with my wife. She shot revolvers and semi autos. She finally decided on a G19. Mainly for home defense and range. She doesn't conceal carry.
    I thought I knew what was best for her but i was wrong. Imagine that.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Going on the information given, I'll throw out some random brainstorming:

How is she going to carry it? IWB? OWB? Purse?

If on the waist, does she, or is she willing to, wear a sturdy belt? Bradis II has some 1 1/2" 5.11 web belts on hand.

An alloy frame, commander, or officer size 1911 might be a good fit, as far as weight, and profile. If you look around, they can be had in any popular caliber, and she might even like the Para Ordnance light double-action trigger.

Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    my wife loves her S&W Bodyguard 380. It disappears in even her pockets. She also likes shooting it much better than my XD40 and my friends Keltec P11

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Wife wants a gun. Wife likes tight fitting clothes. :rockwoot:She doesnt like my .40s or .45s. I am thinking 9mm. I don't go for cheap guns so no high point. She likes my UC2 but it has to much recoil. My HK USP Compact is to long. So I was thinking maybe a P2000SK or something like that. Needs to be small without my print. I am calling on you ladies to help me out.
    I am NOT a lady, but if you are thinking SMALL, how about a Beretta 21a ?????

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Glock 19

11 year at a Tactical Response class, working thru induced malfunctions like a pro

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCuvmbeX8t0[/ame]

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    1. Don't pick the weapon for her. She needs to hold a lot of different handguns to find what feels right for her. My wife went with the Gen 3 Glock 19 but she made the people at Bradis work.

2. Look in the Female forum here at INGO. They talk about this subject all the time.

3. Check youtube. I've watched a few videos by Falia. She's pretty good at covering CCW for women.

http://www.youtube.com/user/faliaphotography

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    New Castle
    This is the best option I always tell men that are looking for a firearm for their lady to bring them into the store and let them get a feel for the weapons because if it isn't comfortable they wont use it.

My wife was 100% responsible when it came to choosing which handgun she wanted. I wouldn't want someone choosing for me so why should I choose for her was my thought on the matter.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    My wife was 100% responsible when it came to choosing which handgun she wanted. I wouldn't want someone choosing for me so why should I choose for her was my thought on the matter.

Keep this in mind.

The 1500 was great for my gf. She got to look at and feel so many weapons. She kept grabbing the PK 380 and the sig 238. We ended up getting a 442 S&W but will probably get a Sig 238 also as it seems to conceal better on her. Make sure whatever you get her she can operate, slide and such. My gf is 5'2 110lbs so very small always wearing tight clothes and won't compromise clothes to conceal.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    3. Check youtube. I've watched a few videos by Falia. She's pretty good at covering CCW for women.

http://www.youtube.com/user/faliaphotography

I second this recommendation, and not just because Falla is a cutie. It seems that if your wife is going to stick to tight-fitting clothing, then her options for concealment may limit the variety of handgun she can carry. Falla has a video that addresses tight-fitting clothing.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I second this recommendation, and not just because Falla is a cutie. It seems that if your wife is going to stick to tight-fitting clothing, then her options for concealment may limit the variety of handgun she can carry. Falla has a video that addresses tight-fitting clothing.

She seems to have several videos where she reviews and demonstrates several holster and pistol combos and outfits, including carrying in a bikini with a cover up!

Not that I checked out her vids because you said she was a cutie or anything... ;) My wife happens to be in the same situation that it sounds like a lot of our wives/girlfriends are in with carrying and their outfits. I was doing research!!

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    As a skinny woman who likes wearing tight fitting clothes.....
    First, DEFINITELY let your wife pick the gun....especially if you answer yes to the following: Have you ever picked ANYTHING for your wife, which you thought she'd like and she wound up HATING it? (Clothes, shoes, jewelry, food, movie?)
    Second, I still wear tight fitting clothes and I can still CC with the right holster/gun combo. You may want to suggest that she buy 2 slightly different guns for just that purpose (I have a Kel-Tec P11, XDM compact, P220 compact--all for different carry outfits.)
    Lastly, when I absolutely know my outfit is too tight to CC, F*ck it, I OC! :D

....either way, definitely let your wife pick the gun. Try to rent something for her similar to what she may want to buy

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Not that I checked out her vids because you said she was a cutie or anything... ;) My wife happens to be in the same situation that it sounds like a lot of our wives/girlfriends are in with carrying and their outfits. I was doing research!!

I will back up your story if you back up mine. She is very informative though.

Top Bottom