• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    I reciently came into a beretta 92fs and really like it, I am accurate with it and it functions flawlessly. I have one problem, the sights suck. They are faded and dirty. I tried to clean them up with no success. It looks like the front sight was a night sight that has lost its glow. I am wondering what I can to change the sights, It looks like the front sight is a single peice with the frame. Is there any replacement sights for the beretta 92, and if so how can I change them?:dunno:
    Thanks
    Mike

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    I reciently came into a beretta 92fs and really like it, I am accurate with it and it functions flawlessly. I have one problem, the sights suck. They are faded and dirty. I tried to clean them up with no success. It looks like the front sight was a night sight that has lost its glow. I am wondering what I can to change the sights, It looks like the front sight is a single peice with the frame. Is there any replacement sights for the beretta 92, and if so how can I change them?:dunno:
    Thanks
    Mike

I have a 92fs as well, and was curious because the sight is apart of the slide.
    Doing some research, I have found two ways to swap the front sight.
    1) have a competent gunsmith mill off the front site, then machine a dovetail in it's place, which in turn can be fitted with a front site.
    Some Beretta models have the front already dovetailed, and there are front site replacements available for them already.

2) Send it to Trijicon to have the front lamp replaced.
    There might be a fee, but I do believe Trijicon has a 10 year warranty on their night sights, however my guess is you have the be the original owner.

Trijicon, Inc. : Brilliant Aiming Solutions™

Hopefully this gives some idea as to what to do, Personally I feel option two would be a better choice.

Best of luck

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I would say send it off to Trijicon. Alot of the Berettas dont have enough meat to hold onto the front sight if you have a dovetail milled into it. Some of the Brigadier and others had enough, but the 92FSs were a little skimpy.

Trijicon would either replace it (if existing night sights) or (when I asked them), they can "install one" involving a VERY careful dovetailing or even drilling and filling of your front sight post. I intend on getting my 92 done when I get a job again with this service.

As for the rear sights, there are lots of options, particularly with target sights. If you send it to Trijicon, get them to put glowers on the back too. :) The ultimate SHTF or bedside table gun!

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I have a Beretta 92G w/ 1991 Trijis on them and they still glow.... but when I asked Trijicon they acted like send it in when they go out and they will replace them. They only need the slide and you pay the shipping.

The 92 series has the hole drilled in the front sight and a tube w/ tritium epoxied in, so its not a do it your self project, and I agree, not worth the milling and dovetail hassle/ expense.....

Alot of ACOGs have been reported as having their tritium replaced for free too... I think that its worth a shot.

Keep us posted Mike,

Harley dude

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2017
    Hamilton
    I have a Beretta 92FC, 1980 era, original owner, needless to say the (night) sights were dull, dirty and hard to see even in daylight. I tried everything I could think of to bring some life back to them. All failed. Frustrated, I was going to give up. Then while I was cleaning my Harley, it dawned on me how great S100 total cycle cleaner worked on the bike. What the heck I thought, I took a q-tip and sprayed some of the S100 on it and rubbed the sights. Surprise it brought back the white and they actually glow in the dark again. Hope this helps others.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Last edited:

Brickmandan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2017
    Wheeler
    You can repaint them with fingernail polish or model paint and a toothpick. Painting the rear sight dots white and the front sight dot red makes a nice contrast and easier to focus on the front sight.

Top Bottom