I have question about the new EXO finish by zerofail.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I recently purchased and M&P 40 and the slide is coated in the new EXO finish. I know little about this finish and the website tell me little of how to care for this finish. What I'm wondering is if its safe to use my standard cleaning products on this finish. Can I use a lead free cloth on it? I'm addressing this post to anyone who might be more frimiliar or have a gun with this same finish that can enlighten me a bit. Thanks!

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    No specific knowledge of that finish, but if it weren't capable of handling all the usual firearms care products then I'm sure there would be a considerable number of warnings in the owners manual/included paperwork.....otherwise, clean away...if you have a problem down the road contact their customer service....that's how manufacturers find out about problems with their products anyhow

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Is it the same product used in this bolt video?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stxSvV5GHNU&feature=related[/ame]

I'm thinking if it can handle the heat, friction and pressures of a bolt, it'll stand up to some pretty stiff cleaning.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    From what Ive heard the EXO finish is suppoed to be alot stronger than most other finishes.

UCT Coatings

Check out the link and read up on it. These are the guys that make the EXO coating.

Hope this helps.

Neal

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    North central Indiana
    The last I knew of, Fail Zero does not do parts or guns for individual consumers (like me, for instance). In other words we cannot send Fail Zero our guns or slides and have them coated. They only coat guns for a jobber or retailer that has them done for resale. Is this still correct?

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    The last I knew of, Fail Zero does not do parts or guns for individual consumers (like me, for instance). In other words we cannot send Fail Zero our guns or slides and have them coated. They only coat guns for a jobber or retailer that has them done for resale. Is this still correct?

These guys do it on the retail side.
    Gun Coating | Firearm Coating

Top Bottom