• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I was at Krogers today and noticed that they had the annual GLOCK magazine on the magazine racks. It had the gen4 Glock on the cover. It showed upclose pics in the articale. The grip is not stippled, it is "spiked".. and the finger groves are much much smaller. I didnt have time to read the articale and I didnt buy the magazine so if anyone else saw this please jump in and tell us more about it.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    I bought the magazine and I'm not sure about the new G22. I like the new slide serrations, but the"polymid traction grip" I'm not so sure about. I'll have to touch one to know for sure obviously but it looks to me like a good stippling job will still be better. The look of the traction is a little different to, kinda looks likes it has stubble or something.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I flipped through it yesterday, and I'm not sure about that "traction grip" either.. I can see it really eating up any fabric it rubs against (car seat, for example)..

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    This was a couple pages back, but I had to go find it. Yesterday at Bradi's, I got to fiddle with a new G22. The slide grooves are not as bad as you'd think. The grip is like having the entire grip area coated in skateboard grip tape. I can see a day at the range or shooting competition really tearing up your hand. The nubs on the finger grooves are much less pronounced, which is a plus. So, my less-than-professional, 2-minutes-of-inspection opinion...

Slide Serrations = :dunno:
    Grip Tape grip, front strap, and back strap = :noway:
    Smaller Finger Grooves = :yesway: not as good as 2nd gen, but better than 3rd.

Travis45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Albany
    I got to handle a 4th Gen Glock 22 at Ludco yesterday. The slide serrations were not as bad in person as I thought they would be. I really don't care for the grip but a set of Hogue grips would fix that.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I got to handle a 4th Gen Glock 22 at Ludco yesterday. The slide serrations were not as bad in person as I thought they would be. I really don't care for the grip but a set of Hogue grips would fix that.

I held one today and didn't like the grip texture

Top Bottom