• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    An FN 1910/22 in .32 ACP or a Colt Model 1903 pocket hammerless in .32? If so could you tell me your experiences and impressions of either or both. If I get one or both of these I will use them as plinkers only. Just for fun, thanks for any info you might have.

BudP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    In my mind, the term "plinker" equates to something in 22LR, not .32ACP. The difference in ammo cost is significant, whereas the ballistics aren't. The Colt 1903 .32 is a solid, safe, dependable auto, but is somewhat expensive to shoot as a plinker. Mine was inherited, and remains in the gun safe - not shot except rarely. Go with a Walther P22 - you'll love it...

Bud

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thanks, I am aware of the difference in ammunition prices. I'm not knocking the Walther, or the .22 in general, but it is not what I am looking for. Yesterday I purchased a FN 1910/22 on Gunbroker. I am looking forward to getting it, putting in a little TLC, and taking it to the range. I guess different people like different things. I have a few guns that I only shoot at the range, none of them are .22s. Thanks for the advice though.

M88A1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Bedford
    I have a Colt pocket Hammerless .32 ACP hasnt been fired in 24 yrs. I bought it and went into the Army. I am going to pass it down to my son as a part of history. We shoot .22's for price and ease of finding plenty of ammo.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have an FN 1910 in 7.65mm (.32 ACP to Americans;-). It is compact and elegant.

If anyone has one, you will find that a 1/2 inch plastic "T" plumbing fitting from Lowe's (about 50 cents) will greatly facilitate replacing the slide ring during re-assembly.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    My dad has a Colt 1908 (same as the 1903 but in .380). I shot it a few times and it's a sweet little cream puff. I don't remember how it shot accuracy wise, it couldn't have been too bad otherwise I'd remember, but it probably wasn't a tack driver either for the same reason. I actually started a few girlfriends out shooting it after they got bored with .22s. It had a small enough grip and just enough recoil to keep them interested.

If I could find one at a decent price (1903 or 1908) I'd snatch it up.

And no KillStick is not my father

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    My dad has a Colt 1908 (same as the 1903 but in .380). I shot it a few times and it's a sweet little cream puff. I don't remember how it shot accuracy wise, it couldn't have been too bad otherwise I'd remember, but it probably wasn't a tack driver either for the same reason. I actually started a few girlfriends out shooting it after they got bored with .22s. It had a small enough grip and just enough recoil to keep them interested.

If I could find one at a decent price (1903 or 1908) I'd snatch it up.

And no KillStick is not my father

geronimojoe 85 I am your father
    :laugh:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have a Colt 1903 "Hammerless" .32acp and it is nothing short of a dream to shoot.
    Accurate and dependable. I don't use it for a carry piece, but I wouldn't hesitate to.

Top Bottom