• Beretta M9 vs. Sig P226.

• Total voters

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Its the 80s again. the us military did not ask our opinion on this one. so lets tell them how we feel now. was the military right in picking the m9? where they dead wrong. lets find out.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    My only handgun on the "absolutely, positively not for sale or trade" list is my commercial M9. Viva Beretta! :rockwoot:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have owned multiple copies of both and prefer the Sig hands down. FOR ME the Sig is more accurate, better handling and easier to maintain. The Sig feels right at home in my hand whereas the Beretta feels overly large and clunky. The Sig is also much more comfortable for me to carry. My M9 will be in the Classifieds soon btw. ;) :twocents:

Boz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Muncie
    In terms of 9mm double action pistols, I would pick the P226 over ANYTHING. Especially an original stamped-slide W. German version. The newer solid stainless steel slide version is good, but nothing beats the original IMO.

totenkopf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    I've got to go with the Sig 226. To put it simply, if it was good enough to be adopted by the S.A.S. and S.E.A.L. teams, it should be more than enough for the couch potato Carl's like me. :D

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Germans make some nice stuff. Tough choice as the Sig mags run $25 to $30 while Beretta mags in 9mm go for $7 to $10. Regardless Sig 226.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Sig. I like the way they point better. Easy to clean. Nice trigger. The decocker just makes more sense to me.

The Beretta has a slide that feels like it rides on ball bearings. Sweet! But I have never been able to hit stuff with one very well.

mike63502

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    After shooting both I went with the Sig in 40. The Beretta is a nice gun to be sure, but the Sig fits my hand way better. It just feels much more natural in my hand. Cant go wrong with either for a quality hand gun. Shoot them both and see what fits for you.

Top Bottom