• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    I have lost money buying new pocket pistols, hating something about them and selling them. My wife claimed I would never find one to suit me. Wrong, after a few trips out shooting my s&w bodyguard 380, I'm in love. I've tried carrying many small guns(I love full sizes) and quickly hate them for pocket carry, taurus tcp, kel tec p3at, beretta tomcat,naa mini,keltec pf9(though a great gun, but not what I want for pocket). I've shot a lot of others too, lcp, naa guardian, ect...... All had some type of flaw I couldn't live with. I am truely impressed with the little smith, more accurate in my hands than any other I've tried, it has these amazing little things called sights that most forget on pocket guns, fits my hand comfortably, tight fitting, doesn't rattle. I acutely like the thumb safety(preffer 1911's, this is second nature). And the laser is a nice little bonus at the low price point. I'm not bashing the others I've tried, they just aren't for me. If your in the market for a pocket pistol and if you can find one in stock, I highly recommend the bodyguard 380.

Paid for by smith & wesson(sorry, but I know this is what your thinking)

Last edited:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    My wife picked one up, after I bought an LCP, and I think I prefer the S&W to the Ruger. It has a few features, like an external safety and last round hold open, and the sights are much better than any of the other .380 pistols in the size/price range. To top it all off, the metal finish seems better than the Keltec, and more durable than the Ruger, so its better looking, and should stat that way longer than either of the other two closest competitors.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I have handled several and thought they looked quite nice. Personally have no issues with my TCP, but I can understand some people not liking it. Glad you found one that works for you. :)

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    just sold mine actually, i like it well enough but sold it for 325 cash, paid 350 six months ago, so i was VERY happy with both prices. just wanted to give a cm9 a whirl, little more stopping power and hardly any bigger. what's your experience with the laser? mine seemed to be WAYYY off, like 8-10 inches at 15-20 feet. sights seemed fine, just the laser was off bad. didn't really bother me, just an observation. i did like the gun quite a bit

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Was looking at these for my wife. For those of you who have one....have you had any ammo it didn't like? If EDC what ammo are you shooting?
    i only put about 100 rounds thru mine, mostly winchester walmart stuff but i did throw a couple mags of hornandy self defense hollowpoint and even a couple mags of remington, never hiccupped once.

Last edited:

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    Mine digests JHP's very well - much more reliable than my P3AT...The Bodyguard is not my primary CCW - but great on the boat - going for a run - etc

My P239 is very easy to carry with normal clothing

Top Bottom